Ratings for Dr. Peter M. Steiner

At Kentuckiana Mental Health Associates, I recently had my first appointment with nurse practitioner Amy Corbett. I am exceedingly pleased with her care. Not only did she listen to my medical history for nearly an hour (only interjecting to provide helpful feedback or to ask attentive questions); but, she was extraordinarily well-versed in pharmacology, she had terrific bedside manner, and she never seemed rushed, rude, inconsiderate, or uninterested. I have never had more success.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2018

Horrible DR. Believe all the "over-medicated" comments here and elsewhere. I was completely misdiagnosed and it took an endocrinologist to correctly treat me for what turned out to be hormonal imbalance. Pete's own behavior is borderline sociopath. He pumps people full of multiples of very powerful meds, and smiles as he sends them on their way to suffer the fallout. I was ruined professionally because of his misdiagnosis.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

Pete put me in a horrible situation. He prescribed 6 MG of klonopin per day, Ambien and Adderall, all of which are extremely addictive. This was 10+ years ago and I wasn't aware of the damage, that especially klonopin could cause. This drug has basically left me disabled, once you're on that high of a dose it's almost impossible to get off and eventually it ruins your mind and body. It's a shame because he seems like a nice guy, he just pumps people full of drugs, I'm sure that's why he has good reviews, people like to get their fix.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

Pete is wonderful he takes the time 2 listen and he's not afraid 2 experiment he gives u what u need and u never have 2 worry about having what u feel u need. He's extremely intelligent and uses an unusual approach which has not only kept me off drugs but has also almost diminished my depression. I have recommended him 2 several people and they absolutely love him as well. I KNOW he has an effective method

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

My husband is a wounded worrier and because of my husbands injuries this doctor thought it would be needed to put my husband on not one but two highly addictive medications. Somas and Xanax! I'm currently fighting for my marriage and for my sons father over this sickness! I wish my husband would have NEVER went to him. God Bless anyone who does

flag | Submitted January 14, 2014

Dr. Steiner is now with Kentuckiana Mental Health Associates. He is an amazing, kind, caring, and competent doctor. Along with his staff therapist, he has changed my life. He didn't just give me medications for my diagnosis; he gave me the tools I need to live with my diagnosis. There is more to the story when it comes to his practice with Norton. The doctor spoken about negatively above is not the same doctor that remembers our conversations from month to month without a chart, that will see you in an emergency, and definitely not the same doctor that will listen to your suggestions and carry them out if appropriate. Dr. Steiner and his staff have literally saved my life!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2014

I am surprised that Dr. Steiner was able to open his practice back up again. I understand that Norton shutting down was not his fault and certainly don't blame him for that. However, as many others have mentioned, he is in the practice of prescribing high doses of addictive medications. When he closed his practice in 2008, I was left with a horrid physical addiction and it took me 3 years to recover not to mention the thousands of dollars in medical bills. I ended up in an impatient chemical dependency unit 800 miles away because of this man, I never abused my medication, I took it as prescribed. Hopefully, for the sake of his patients, he is more careful now. However, I would not recommend Steiner, there are a lot of other options out there.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2012

Has saved my life! He can now be seen At KMHA on Breckenridge lane. He means well and has been an asset to my recovery.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2011

Dr.Pete Steiner is an excellent doctor. He did not give me a lot of meds. and spent the time we needed. he worked for Norton's Hosp. they closed all their clinics. Not his fault and he wasn't allowed to talk to his patients, i know all hosp. owned clinics did that when they closed clinics. don't blame him blame norton's uncaring hosp. they even dismiss patients, it was all about nortons making money, he saw over a 1000 patients.Nortons did not like not making money from medicare and medicaid patients.he had to many of them.blame nortons for not letting him answer phone calls.all the hosp. do the same with doctors they own, they can't talk to patients after they leave the patients. the other offices being closed should have give u a clue, it wasn't the doctors, it was NORTON'S HOSPITAL, THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT PEOPLE IT IS ABOUT MONEY FOR THEM I would see Dr. Steiner if I knew where I could see him. he cares about people and took as much time as they needed. thank u. dr. we need u back

flag | Submitted February 10, 2011

Gave the staff a 1, because it's irresponsible for not telling us they were shutting down, not only in a reasonble period but at all. Steiner gets a 1, because I couldn't give him anything lower. He wouldn't return calls, even emergency calls. His prescribing practices caused me to go into severe withdrawal symtoms necessitating multiple emergency calls to Steiner(unanswered), and a trip to the ER. Thanks to the ER and Dr. Denise Winland I finally managed to get things straigtened out. It felt like I was about to lose my sanity, and definitely lost money getting fixed what he screwed up. In my opinion, he's totally incompetent and makes a mockery of the hippocratic oath. It's pretty bad when a doctor makes you worse instead of better. He told me that I could get off this narcotic medicine within a week, after I had asked him 3 times if he was sure about the safety of it. Wrong answer! It took me over a year to recover from his misguidance. Enter at your own risk.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2011

Dr. Peter M. Steiner's Credentials

• University Of Louisville School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)