Ratings for Dr. Matthew R. Barefoot

The short version is that he misled me about his plans to enroll in my insurance provider (Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal). He waited until I was actually ready for surgery, then told me he wouldn't be a provider until July at the earliest (this is March when I was ready for surgery). Him misleading me caused a lot of headache and anxiety, as I was spending this time in braces and trying to plan my wedding and other major life events. If I had my surgery in March as planned, I would be substantially more recovered than when I will now have my surgery from a different surgeon in June. When you are dealing with people's schedules and lives - it matters. It's unprofessional to mislead people especially when they are anxious and nervous about their health and major events in their life. I posted a similar review on his Facebook page and he deleted it the same day. He might be the best surgeon in the world, I don't know. But be sure if you decide to use him that you consider his lie/my situation and at least get a second opinion if you find yourself in a similar situation. I certainly wouldn't be so mad if he had ever bothered to apologize for the inconvenience or even remotely mention he may not be a provider in a timely fashion. Please note this is for his new practice in Mt. Pleasant, SC and not the one in Savannah, GA.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

I found Dr. Barefoot to be unprofessional and lacking of empathy and compassion. Very sad that such a young Dr would have such poor bedside manners. My family in the past had experienced excellent patient care from the other surgeons in this practice. He may need to do an extra preceptorship from some of the more experienced doctors on patient management.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2013

Dr. Matthew R. Barefoot's Credentials

• Univ. of Alabama-Birmingham (Grad. 2010)