Ratings for Dr. Joseph I. Acra

The comment above is the total opposite experience I've had with Dr Acra. I have seen many doctors in the past 10yrs, and not until I saw him did anyone take their time to listen and ask enough questions to actually diagnose me and treat me with the right meds. Initially, even though the medication was working, I started to gain weight, which he told me could happen, but changed it to a different one which sedated me. Again he listened to me and immediately ( after pre authorizing it) put me on Geodon, which was a miracle. It worked, no side effects and all because he listened and not gave up on me even when I was about to give up on treatment. Dr Acra is a warm, caring, respectful and professional doctor ( and very spiritual) and I thank God every day to have put him in my life.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2014

He is not a very good doctor. He put my.daughter on medication and told her to take it twice a day. Its making her like a zombie. He doesnt listen to what she tries to tell him. The medication is not working for her but he wont change her medication , he just keeps increasing the dose. Ever since he put her on medication, she has gained alot of weight. Shes not happy with herself. Im not happy with what hes doing to her. I dont like to see my daughter the way she is now all because of what hes doing to her. I suggested to my daughter that she needs to go somewhere else for her care and that will help her and not just see dollar signs. He calls her sweetie. Hes a flirt and thats not professional at all.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2013

Dr. Joseph I. Acra's Credentials

• Univ Nac'L Pedro Henriquez Urena, Esc De Med, Santo Domingo, Dom Rep (Grad. 1987)

Top Hospitals in Chelsea, MA