Dr. Nir N. Somekh

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Nir N. Somekh

Dr. Somekh has a wonderful bedside manner. He is softspoken and really takes the time to listen to what you have to say and ask. He is punctual--rarely do you wait much longer than your scheduled appointment time. He is knowledgeable and caring and always puts you at ease. I highly recommend Dr. Somekh.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

Dr. Somekh is caring, professional, extremely knowledgable and very accessible to his patients. He will take the time to answer any questions at any time. When my husband was so sick, Dr. Somekh took excellent care of him and put our minds at ease at a vulnerable time. His staff are warm and professional and I highly recommend Dr. Somekh!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

Dr. Somekh is a very caring doctor who takes the time to talk to you about your health problems. He is easy to talk to and he takes the time to discuss your concerns and what is the best course of action going forward to help you achieve a healthier lifestyle.His office is conveniently located in Great Neck, N.Y. and his staff courteous and professional.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2016

Visiting Dr. Somekh recently for a heart issue, I felt I was in very good hands from the start. He is very caring towards his patients and makes sure to address and discuss, in detail, each concern I had during my visit. He is very knowledgable and current with his approach and treatments, and I would highly recommend him to others. Great doctor!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

Seeing Dr. Somekh for 3 years now. He is exactly what you want in a doctor. He always takes the time to listen to my concerns and is extremely knowledgeable . Dr. Somekh is passionate about helping his patients and keeping them healthy. I am lucky to have found such a caring Doctor.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2015

I took my mother to St. Francis Hospital because, while she'd been treated previously at another institution and had surgery, her medications had not been properly adjusted, and she'd had shortness of breath and tremendous water retention. When she asked her previous doctor what she could do to help herself, she was told "what do you expect? You're 80 years old and have too many heart issues." St. Francis Hospital was amazing in every way, and when she was admitted, she had the wonderful fortune of having Dr. Nir Somekh was assigned as her cardiologist. Dr. Somekh patiently and brilliantly worked the problem through, adjusting her medications with care, delicacy and tremendous wisdom. I am beyond grateful. My mother, who could barely walk upon entering St. Francis on August 14th, has her energy back, is watching her water weight disappear, and is optimistic about the future. When I met Dr. Somekh, I was struck by his kind personality, his wonderful energy and his "can do" attitude. There are not enough stars here for Dr. Somekh!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

Dr. Somekh was very patient, attentive and astute in diagnosing my need for a pace maker within a short period of time. The amount of time he spent explaining his medical findings so my daughter and I understood was wonderful. We felt very relaxed and confident that he heard all of my concerns and took them into account.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

An excellent physician, Dr. Somekh is professional, competent and personable. He takes time to explain as well as treat. I have seen him about 8 times this past year for regular as well as for "emergency" issues. His staff is helpful and his location is convenient. Wait time is acceptable. I would highly recommend him and his partner, Dr Adina Pascaru.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2013

What a wonderful cardiologist I've finally found! One that takes the time to hear your concerns and allows you to discuss treatment options together!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2013

Dr. Nir N. Somekh's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Nir N. Somekh Cardiology conveniently located on Northern Boulevard in Great Neck. He speaks fluent English, and Hebrew as well as conversational Spanish. He has office hours Monday-Friday with late appointments available Thursdays as well as Saturdays.

• Hebrew