You may also like

recently had a brain injury along with whiplash and disc bulging which he said minimal..was referred by wsib,never explained anything took my head with his hand and started shaking to right and left,i was in agony and scared ,then he says i have your neck...terrible experience

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

He arruineed our lives.he did a surgery to.my son and let him worse

flag | Submitted January 23, 2016

Excellent physician. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

Dr. Rutka saved my life in May 2006 when at 16, I had a ruptured brain aneurysm. He was very compassionate and caring with great bedside manner. I wrote him a thank you letter when I was discharged from SickKids at 18 and he actually took the time to send me a letter back. As busy as he is, he took that time.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

Dr. Rutka save my 8 years old daughter's life that was fighting with the brain tumor called Fibrous Dysplasia in 2002 and now she start her university studies and I still don't know how to thanks him. Thanks for everything Dr. Rutka

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

Brilliant is the first word that springs to mind. He is great with autistic kids ~ very patient doctor. He saw our son, when a specialist @ another hospital made a grave error by putting him on a specific medication & that specialist refused to see us ~ Dr. Rutka said it was causing our son "Catastrophic Affect" & took our son off the medication right away (we saw Dr. Rutka in the ER @ Sick Kids.) Dr. Rutka is a life saver (if our son stayed on this specific medication, he would have had a stroke). Just so kind & treats your child with utter respect, regardless of their disability. Well known by a lot of parents of autistic children with seizure disorder & all have said they are pleased with the surgical outcomes to control their kids seizure problems. A lot of happy customers with this great doctor. We are now going transfering our son's care down to Sick Kids. Thanks a million Dr. Rutka.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2013

Dr.Rutka is my sons NS and has performed all 8 of his surgeries. He is an amazing Doctor and a very down to earth and friendly person. He always talks to us like "people" and explains things in simple terms for us to understand. He's called our house to check up on him and always replies promptly to emails we send him. We are very blessed to have him be Quinn's Dr and would highly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2011

Dr Rutka performed Emergency surgery to remove a cavernous malformation that had bled and grown to the size of a lime on my 1 year old son's brain. He saved our sons life and spoke with such knowledge and care. We will be forever grateful and fortunate to have crossed paths with such a truly gifted person.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2011

Excellent surgeon. Very caring, he goes above and beyond for his patients, for that we are truly grateful.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2011

Dr. James T. Rutka's Credentials

Updates

• A new 2-star rating has been posted. "recently had a brain injury along with whiplash and disc bulging which he said minimal..was referred by wsib,never explained anything took my head with his ha..."

February 5, 2016
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "He arruineed our lives.he did a surgery to.my son and let him worse"

January 23, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent physician. I would highly recommend him."

September 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Rutka saved my life in May 2006 when at 16, I had a ruptured brain aneurysm. He was very compassionate and caring with great bedside manner. I wrote him a..."

February 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He is just an awesome surgeon who is at the top of his game and knows how to look after patients."

January 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Rutka save my 8 years old daughter's life that was fighting with the brain tumor called Fibrous Dysplasia in 2002 and now she start her university studies..."

September 24, 2014