Ratings for Dr. James T. Rutka

Dr. James Rutka is a world class doctor. His reputation is all over the world. I cant find enough good words to describe him. I was in another Country when my 6 years daughter diagnosed with a rare brain tumor in the brainstem. many doctors disagreed about the tumor type. Only Dr. Rutka diagnosed the condition from several MRI images sent by email (as I could not sent the whole scan by email). He swiftly answered all my emails and concerns, he immediately arranged an appointment to see him once we reached to Toronto. he explicitly explain to us the surgery that should be done to my daughter without scarring us like other doctors. he called me in the afternoon the day before the surgery and he asked me if I have any question that I forget to ask to him, and he assured me that every think will be fine. God blessed me and my family with Dr. Rutka, and I will always be grateful to Dr. Rutka. Thank you for every thing.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

Went deeper then my first surgeon was comfortable. Always a pleasure to make the 5 hour trip to see him! extremely lucky to have him as a doctor, and now free of epilepsy!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Exceptional knowledge! Cannot have had a better Doctor

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

recently had a brain injury along with whiplash and disc bulging which he said minimal..was referred by wsib,never explained anything took my head with his hand and started shaking to right and left,i was in agony and scared ,then he says i have your neck...terrible experience

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

He arruineed our lives.he did a surgery to.my son and let him worse

flag | Submitted January 23, 2016

Excellent physician. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

Dr. Rutka saved my life in May 2006 when at 16, I had a ruptured brain aneurysm. He was very compassionate and caring with great bedside manner. I wrote him a thank you letter when I was discharged from SickKids at 18 and he actually took the time to send me a letter back. As busy as he is, he took that time.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

He is just an awesome surgeon who is at the top of his game and knows how to look after patients.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

Dr. Rutka save my 8 years old daughter's life that was fighting with the brain tumor called Fibrous Dysplasia in 2002 and now she start her university studies and I still don't know how to thanks him. Thanks for everything Dr. Rutka

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

Brilliant is the first word that springs to mind. He is great with autistic kids ~ very patient doctor. He saw our son, when a specialist @ another hospital made a grave error by putting him on a specific medication & that specialist refused to see us ~ Dr. Rutka said it was causing our son "Catastrophic Affect" & took our son off the medication right away (we saw Dr. Rutka in the ER @ Sick Kids.) Dr. Rutka is a life saver (if our son stayed on this specific medication, he would have had a stroke). Just so kind & treats your child with utter respect, regardless of their disability. Well known by a lot of parents of autistic children with seizure disorder & all have said they are pleased with the surgical outcomes to control their kids seizure problems. A lot of happy customers with this great doctor. We are now going transfering our son's care down to Sick Kids. Thanks a million Dr. Rutka.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2013