Dr. Jeffrey T. Van Gelderen

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey T. Van Gelderen

Amazing doctor. Has done two major surgeries on my knee and did absolutely amazing. Will be going to him for anything that happens in the future!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2018

Dr. Van Gelderen performed my ACL reconstruction surgery a few months ago and I am very pleased with the results. I barely have scars and was back to playing sports in no time.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2018

HAD ROTATOR AND BICEP SURGERY , CAME OUT GREAT ! Bedside manner and time spent with me were great, Thanks for putting me back better than ever !

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

True professional. I’ve met with a number of surgeons in my time, but Dr. Van Gelderen is one of the few that I would happily recommend. True professional. He definitely knows his stuff, can explain it clearly and concisely (no hard to understand medical jargon), and has the expertise to provide his patients with confidence.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2018

Really good experience. Dr. Jeff educated me in a very accessible way about my condition, and provided clear next steps for approaching any future problems that may arise. He had a great, easy bedside manner, and I'd recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

Dr. Van Gelderen is great about giving you all the information and options so that you are informed and can base your decision off of the knowledge he's handed you. The lady who did the x-ray was equally knowledgable and put me at ease as soon as we met.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

I chose Dr. Van Gelderen because of his medical credentials and the reviews on the ZocDoc website. He lived up to my expectations in both ways and I would not hesitate to recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2018

I was in expert hands with Dr Van Gelderen! He was on time and attentive to my needs. The thing that impressed me the most was his calm demeanor and attention to detail. He made me feel welcomed & safe. He explained clearly and gave proper suggestions.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

Dr. Van Gelderen was recommended to me by my partner, who had performed surgery about a year ago. He was very pleasant, honest, very informative, and took his time to help understand what my issues were. A highly skilled surgeon and a great bedside manner are rare to find together. His judgment regarding the necessity of surgery is excellent.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

Easily one of the best experiences I've had. Excellent bed side manner and professional staff all around. I went to see him about a shoulder problem - he was clear and concise with the treatment, and generous with his time and explanation of my issues. So awesome to have a doc that cares about assessing the patient. His medical assistants and office team and also great - helpful and very patient.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

Dr. Jeffrey T. Van Gelderen's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

A Monmouth County native, Jeffrey T. Van Gelderen, M.D. graduated from Holmdel High School and com­pleted his undergraduate studies at Georgetown Uni­versity, where he graduated Magna Cum Laude. Dr. Van Gelderen received his medical degree from UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School in Newark, and completed his residency in orthopedic surgery at NYU-Hospital for Joint Disease in New York. Dr. Van Gelderen is board certified, fellowship-trained in sports medicine from UCLA Medical Center, where he also participated in the care of Division I athletes. He also received extensive training in advanced shoulder, hip, and knee arthroscopic procedures.

• Spanish

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 2005)
  • NYU School of Medicine (Grad. 2010)

Amerigroup