You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Alison A. Heaton

I've been to the clinic 3 times and have yet to see Dr. Heaton or my baby. I have complained over and over about spotting and have been given lab work each time instead of someone seeing me and giving me an u/s. Her team is rude, unempathetic, abrupt. I was so upset during one of my visits, crying hysterically and no one offered me a Kleenex for twenty minutes. When you're pregnant and hormonal, the smallest gestures have the biggest affects on your world.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

Well this is my first baby and after being told that I could not have kids I got pregnant within 4 months of seeing Dr. Heaton. I have ran into several complications and with ever incident Dr. Heaton always takes the OCD approach and make sure that it is handled before it gets to far out of hand. She placed me on bed rest as a precautionary measure to ensure that the baby was safe. I have never had a OBGYN to care about me so much. My husband is always excited to speak with her in concern to our child because of the amount of care that is put into each visit. Never rushed, never too busy to answer questions etc. She will also let you know that it is ok to call in if you have any issues, or questions. Most Dr.'s Office will brush you off or 1/2 return phone calls etc. The staff is extra caring as well.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2014

Very good doctor. Knowledgable, patient, and friendly. If you are looking for a doctor who really care, she is the one. I have to drive quite a long distance, but it is worthy.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014

I trust and have the complete faith in Dr. Heaton. Any time I have had a problem or concern Dr. Heaton has always made time for me.... did not have to wait days and days to see her. . (Which also reflects her office staff attitude of caring) I appreciate Dr Heaton and her staff.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2013

Dr. Heaton is extremely down to earth and spends a great deal of time with her patients. I was not told that she had left Henderson and Walton to start her practice and was assigned to another doctor. I noticed a HUGE difference between the care Dr. Heaton gives versus the other doctor. Dr. Heaton is never rushed and takes time to get to know you and your concerns. For my next appointment, I will be scheduling it with Dr. Heaton at her new practice!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2013

Dr Alison Heaton is the most down to earth, caring, doctor I have ever had. She preformed my hystorectomy and I never had the first pain. She is awesome.....

flag | Submitted December 3, 2012

Now that Dr. Heaton has moved to her own, brand new practice, she is 100% the doctor I would recommend to anyone. Now that she isn't under the umbrella of her old practice, she is free to spread her wings and take care of her patients the way SHE wants to take care of them, in the best and most timely way possible. She treats me like family, responds quickly to emails and phone calls, and is just such a warm, caring person. She really loves her patients and you can tell. I'm so glad to be having another baby, and one of the reasons is so that I can deliver with her again!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2012

This is the best doctor hands down. Be warned you will have to wait but it's worth it. She takes a lot of time with her patients and she really listens. She is also very nice to her staff unlike some of her fellow doctors. I highly recommend her. You wont be disappointed!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2012

All I can say about Dr Heaton is AMAZING. she is one of the best Dr's I know. I truly love her, she is very professional and compassionate. I can remember the first visit I had with her almost 13yrs ago I had to have surgery and she questioned me about my son's name, low and behold she went on vacation after my surgery and called me several times to make sure I was okay. Not to mention she sent my son a gift UPS while she was on vacation. I feel like a family member to her, and I respect her opinion in my healthcare whatever she says I go with it cause I know she has my best interest at heart. You could not ask for a better Dr...

flag | Submitted April 10, 2012

Dr. Heaton is one of, if not the best, OB/GYN physicians in Birmingham. She is caring, compassionate, humerous, and down to earth. She treats each patient as if they were a part of her own family. She is an excellent clinician and a state of the art, up to date surgeon. Seeing her is like having the best internist and OB/GYN all wrapped up in one. She's the person you want to see if you have a serious problem and want someone that cares, will listen to you, and solve your problem. She's absolutely the person you want to see if you need surgery. As an obstetrician, she answers pregnancy questions that other MDs would brush off. She laughs with her patients in the good times and cries with them in the bad. I would highly recommend her without hesitation! She's been my personal physician for 5+ years.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2011

Dr. Alison A. Heaton's Credentials

• University Of South Alabama College Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)

Updates

• A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I've been to the clinic 3 times and have yet to see Dr. Heaton or my baby. I have complained over and over about spotting and have been given lab work each time..."

September 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Well this is my first baby and after being told that I could not have kids I got pregnant within 4 months of seeing Dr. Heaton. I have ran into several complica..."

September 7, 2014
  • location removed: Cullman, AL

February 20, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Alison" to "Alison A."

October 20, 2013