Ratings for Dr. Robert V. Kavaler

My wife and I have been patients of Dr. Kav for over 15 years. He is extremely knowledgeable and will differ to other Doctors in to ensure his patients receive the best possible medicine or treatment they require. I consider him a friend as well as my Dr who takes his time in explaining things to you in a clear manner, always talking to you and not at you.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2011

I found Dr Kavaler to be very personable, very knowledgeable, refreshing to find a doctor who listens and does not make you feel rushed. Easy going, genuinely interested and thorough. I highly recommend him to family and friends, and anyone who is looking for a doctor that cares.He took his time and went through family history and asked many questions that I wasn't even aware that were affecting my health. I like the convenience of having all the specialists right there also and not having to go to lab for blood work.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2010

I found Dr. Kavaler to be very helpful with me and very understanding. He always seemed to be there to listen to me as well as did whatever he could to make things easy for me. The staff is another story entirely. The girl that regularly answers the phones, Carmen, seems to have a bad attitude and has gone to the extent of being beligerent with my family and causing and argument. The office manager was notified of how unprofessional her staff was and because we were made and yelling, she felt it wasn't necessary for her receptionist to apologize for cursing and threatening my husband. My husband even apologized for yelling, even though she provoked him, and still they felt it wasn't necessary for her to apologize!!! How unprofessional. And all in front of my 9 year old son!!! If the doctors care about their patients, they would choose staff that made their patients feel okay and not ill at ease.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2009

As a Dr I think he is pretty good. I will be leaving the practice. It seems that getting a routine appointment in this practice is not so easy and the wait time can be months away. Even when you have an appointment they cancel and tell you to call in again to reschedule. I have been waiting months to get a physical. If you call and ask to speak to the Dr, they take a message an say the doctor will call you back. We let me tell you it dosent happen. Twice we were told he will call back, never got the call.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2008

I did like him in the beginning. I don't think he is a bad doctor but he needs to listen to the patient more and not just rely on lab results. Used to go to him, but changed due to his inexperience in treating hypothyroidism. He was adamant that his dosage was the correct amount to make me feel better. For many years I complained of being very tired, muscle pains, cold all the time. He dismissed all my symptoms as being a mother and working. It wasn't until I insisted did he check my thyroid gland. When he did treat me he would only give me a minute amount of medicine. I switched to an endocrinologist who knows what he is doing. Listening to the patient is very important.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2006

Great doctor, been his patient for over 10 years. Very caring, easy going doctor.Will do anything to help his patients.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2006

I'm a returning patient. Dr. Kavaler has proven to be sound in judgment, thorough and attentive. Additionally, I like the fact that he's very straightforward and that, as far as personality goes, he's very easy to talk to - completely approachable. I also appreciate that fact that's he's never once been an arrogant &%$@! Seems to know his field pretty well!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2006

Dr. Robert V. Kavaler's Credentials

• State University Of New York Health Science Center Of Syracuse (Grad. 1992)

AARP