Ratings for Mary Gardner

No nonsense, honest, and extremely professional child custody evaluator. I have seen her work first hand, and she is the right person when someone wants the truth to come out. She is an expert at deciphering lies of combating litigants and getting to the heart of the matters in dispute. She is simply a gift to the psychology community who doesn't unfairly take sides, actually looks at ALL evidence, and makes very well reasoned opinions based on fact.

Submitted July 1, 2017

Dr. Mary Gardner was a court appointed evaluator in our situation. My experience with her personally, is that she is a very no-nonsense, thorough, thoughtful, conscientious and insightful Doctor who is 100% focused on the best interests of the children. Her experience as a clinician and evaluator allowed her to assess and understand all of the many personalities involved in our particular evaluation and to sort through what is truth, falsehood, and what is best for the healthy development (emotionally, physically and mentally) of the children involved. The very nature of the work Dr. Gardner does leaves her exposed to unpleasant feelings toward her when decisions are not what may have been hoped for by one party. In my opinion that would very easily explain any negative reviews on this site and/or others. The truth is, in my opinion and experience, Dr. Gardner works solely for the children...her clients are the children (regardless of whom it was that assigned her to evaluate), and she stands true to the children - regardless of what pressures there may be within the court system to do otherwise. The divorce and family law arena can at times seem to put everyone's rights in front of the children's - Dr. Gardner 100% does not fall prey to this in my experience. In fact, in my experience, she exposes herself to criticism by taking very strong stands for the children. And, in my experience, she is nothing short of a protector of children and childhood.

Submitted June 7, 2017

Dr. Gardner did a custody evaluation for my divorce and did the a fair, complete, detail oriented, and professional evaluation. She is honest and caring, insightful and very respectful of your situation and your children's situation. While other psychologists in the area are known for being a gun for hire, Dr. Gardner will only tell the truth. This is what I found to be true in my case, and the court also found the same. Trust Dr. Gardner if you wish to have a fair evaluation done. The courts know that she tells the truth, and this is all anyone should want for their children; the best possible outcome for them.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2017

Dr. Gardner is the most professional child psychologist around. In my experience with her and my children, I found that she was insightful, respectful, and of the highest character. My children were respectfully dealt with at all times, and they are much better off for having seen her. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Gardner.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2017

I can not say enough positive things about Dr. Mary Gardner. She conducted a custody evaluation for my divorce and was extremely thorough, diligent, professional, and exercised the utmost care when dealing with my children. Dr. Gardner is honest and unafraid of telling the truth, and fights for the best interests of the children. My ex was extraordinarily hostile to her and got a well known "Hired Gun", to perform a "second opinion evaluation", who promptly went to extreme lengths to try to discredit evidence that was unassailable, but he badgered, lied, and did everything possible to try to discredit Dr. Gardner. He failed. Dr Gardner courageously stood up for the truth, for facts, and for the best interests of the children. If you value fairness, honesty, and want the truth to come out in your case, or if you want your children's best interests looked after with a careful, caring, professional, do not hesitate to use the most professional psychologist I have ever encountered.

Submitted May 27, 2017

It's a real shame Dr. Gardner is still practicing these days. My ex wife and I were referred to Dr. Gardner by a GAL (who I later found out was not exactly on the "up and up") to help us resolve some issues with our then 8 year old daughter. You would assume someone with as many years in practice as Dr. Gardner that she would have alleviated some of the very significant family issues we were experiencing back then. Unfortunately though, Dr. Gardner simply compounded them. Dr. Gardner never explained what went on in her sessions with our daughter or even if any progress was being made. Even when we gave her the lengthy history of our daughter's emotional problems (not just from our divorce) she barely seemed to take any notes or be receptive to our specific concerns. One one occasion, my daughter left Dr. Gardner's office visibly shake and begged her mother not to go back for a second evaluation. When we inquired about what exactly was taking place in her sessions she casually replied "this is just part of the process". Leaving us in the dark like that was extremely trying, and frankly, I felt, unprofessional. My ex and I disagreed on a lot of things when we split, but we were definitely in agreement that Dr. Gardner should NOT be working with children. We heard much later on that she's known for having a pretty poor reputation through the family court system. Hopefully by posting this other parents won't have their child put through a trying ordeal like we did and will seek help with a qualified evaluator.

Submitted December 5, 2016

Mary Gardner wonderful person, kowledgeable, Very intuitive, kind, and supportive physiologist.We know her personally. We have been visiting her for treatment for one of our child. Please make note there is one person who seems to be having some personal enmity and grudges against her and is trying to spoil her reputation by bombarding and posting false negative comments about her again and again. You will see this person has given lowest rating to her with nasty comments.

Submitted September 1, 2016

It is difficult for a person to please every parent in a matter such as child evaluation when it comes to ethics and to make a decision what is best for children.Whoever does not get their way will blame the evaluator.Most husbands blame their wife incompetent and drinking problems while do not realise it could them who caused them to drink and made their life miserable giving them mental torture especially ganging up with their parents in getting psychologist to give a favourable report which suits them is black mailing the evaluator.Knowing dr Mary Gardner outstanding rating in profession ,I have no hesitatation in recommending her to any parent who wants best for their children.Those unhappy will always blame others rather than themselves. Thanking you

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

Mary Gardner is excellent doctor.she is very professional and ethical,she can deal with complicated issues and her diagnosis is perfect,negative views about her can only be someone who is vindictive against her proper evaluation and did not get what he wanted.Off course lot of people's blame other party for lot of things espacially when matter of child evaluation and when they do not get what they want they get vindictive.from looking at views expressed of same nature time and again appears to be some who did not get what he wanted

Submitted September 1, 2016

My experience with Dr Garnder was overall a positive one. She was fair, and gave equal time and credence to both parties. She maintained professional boundaries, and her honest reputation and high standing in the industry proceeds her for good reason. She was the only evaluator who seemed to understand the complexities that my children faced day to day.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016