Ratings for Dr. Michael E. Tjarksen

he did back surgery on me in 2012,, I still have pain,, and stenosis ,, but he says nothing is wrong with me ,, even though I had an MRI that proves of my stenosis..

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

Dr. M. Tjarksen has give me a new life, after two years of pain, I had Surgery on Dec. 1, 2014 and now after 6 months of rehab, I'm able to do things I haven't done in years. As far as I'm concern, he gets a 5 star rating. I'm 78 years old and I will be able to continue my hobbies.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

After 6 months , he finally ordered the test that proved I was in pain. He put me in Workman's comp limbo( the website would not let me use the word I wanted to). Never believed I was in pain. After finally getting the hip MRI that took me 3 months to get. No surprise to me but I had a hip injury. I am not waiting to see another doctor to find out if I need surgery. Dr. Jerk does not listen to his patients. They have a communication issue in the office and never return phone calls.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2014

Badside manner good or bad, I see the trend, eithier way he is an excellent surgeon, he identified an issue quickly was prepared to discuss options and had me in surgery within a week. From being unable to walk (without risk of falling) I was fixed overnight!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

My mom went to see Dr. Tjarksen for a serious spinal cord injury she has from a chiropractor. My mom has been in constant pain ever since and her right foot goes numb and sacrum swells. Tjarksen came in the room and was extremely rude and told my mom that there was nothing wrong with her and that he "didn't see any herniation in the thoracic or lumbar area”, despite the fact two neurosurgeons, another spinal surgeon, and two radiologists confirmed there was a herniation in these areas. He refused to assess her. His PA did the assessment. Tjarksen claimed "there's nothing there." He then blatantly said to my mom, "you're crazy. You need to see a psychiatrist. You're in denial." He then stood in the hallway and heckled her with rude comments as we left. This man is unprofessional and does not know what he's doing. He is verbally abusive to patients, and chooses whom he wants to give care to.I agree with the other bad reviews.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2013

Dr Tjarksen is a great doctor he was refered to me from my family doctor. He offered me many options to fix my back and i picked surgery thanks and having surgery the 23rd of august

flag | Submitted August 13, 2010

I had used Dr Tjarksen for a neck issue. I had been in pain for several months before being refered to him. He was fast in making a determination on the root cause of my pain. He originaly scheduled my surgery out 3-4 months but after watching me walk toward the lobby he called me back and rescheduled my surgery for the following week. I found him very knowlegedable and helpful. The operation was a complete success and I wish I hadn't put it off for so long as I did. I haven't felt this good in years.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2010

Dr. Tjarksen performed a 4 hour, 4 level spinal fusion with discectomy on my 74 year old mother in Jan '10. He is incredibly caring, kind, polite, knowledgeable, willing to listen, and most importantly, highly skilled! My mom has since recommended Dr. Tjarksen to several friends who have all had a positive experience with him. She is back riding her lawn mower 4 months after surgery. Thank you Dr. Tjarksen!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2010

Saw him for neck pain suffered in a compression type injury. Was in the room for 3 minutes, had me move my neck around then sent me for an x-ray. Did not even have the decency to come back into the room afterwards. Told his nurse to come in and tell me that he thought it was a strain. I asked about pain meds and she had to go ask him. She came back and said that with Physical Therapy, I won't need meds. Cannot get into physical therapy for over a week. HORRIBLE bedside manner! I would never recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2009

Dr. Tjarksen is great! Very knowledgable.. He picked up my case from another doctor and is doing surgery and finishing up what I had done at a hospital that is out of network for my insurance. Thanks Dr. T!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2009

Dr. Michael E. Tjarksen's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1991)

• BCBS Illinois