Dr. Kari L. Colen

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Kari L. Colen

Dr. Colen is an excellent surgeon. She completed my reconstruction following a double mastectomy. She walked me through the process, step by step answering my questions and explaining everything. The final result was better than I anything I could have expected. Dr. Colen is knowledgeable, patient, courteous, and has a great bedside manner. Her staff is friendly, worked around my schedule to make appointments, and took the time to get to know me on a personal level.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2018

Dr. Colen is an excellent surgeon. She performed the first phase of my breast reconstruction following my mastectomy. I had my reconstruction done in January 2018 and my recovery for both procedures was excellent. I still can’t believe what I have gone through because I was back to normal in no time. She explains things so clearly that it’s easy to understand. She knows exactly what she’s doing and I trust her completely. Her entire staff is excellent! Thank you Dr. Colen, Maria and Michelle!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2018

Totally awesome experience. Dr. Colen was an angel sent from heaven. Her staff was very professional and courteous. Everyone was helpful and caring..

flag | Submitted January 15, 2018

I had some obstacles with my breasts due to benign fiber-adenomas and was unsure if that would affect the process. Dr. Colen assured me that this would not be a problem. It started with my phone call to make my consultation appt. in which I spoke to Maria, who was the FRIENDLIEST nurse I have ever dealt with- I knew it would be a positive experience. I then went for my consultation, booked my surgery, and now have the MOST natural breasts I could ever hope for! Dr. Colen and her staff described every step of the process to a t. Truly the best!

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

Dr Colen is a rock star! I met with 3 surgeons for reduction and reconstruction after a breast cancer diagnosis. I'm so glad I chose her. Dr Colen coordinated with my breast surgeon so there would be one surgery and recouperation. The results are better than having just the lumpectomy and I never had to worry about billing or any payments. Any woman in this area having breast cancer surgery owes it to HERSELF to have a consultion with Dr Colen before undergoing any surgery. .

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

Dr. Colen is an outstanding surgeon. She is very informative, compassionate and professional in going over procedures before hand as well as what to expect during recovery. I never felt rushed when asking tons of questions. I feel very fortunate that she is the surgeon who was recommended to me for my breast reconstruction.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

Dr.Kari Colen is an excellent surgeon who did a terrifc job on replacing implants I had received years ago (not from her). The breasts look better than the original , natural ones!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

Words cannot describe how lucky I was to have Dr. Kari Colen as my reconstructive surgeon! She is very straightforward regarding risks and expectations. At the same time Dr. Colen is compassionate, talented, and committed to restoring physical appearance for disfigured cancer patients. Thank you Dr. Colen for being the superstar you are, and surrounding yourself an amazing staff.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

When I was diagnosed with breast cancer and told that I would required a mastectomy I could not even process the information. Fortunately, I found Dr. Colen on the internet. Dr. Colen and her staff were supportive, patient,highly knowledgeable, sensitive and compassionate. I was guided through the process step by step and all of my concerns were addressed. Dr. Colen's skill set is as a surgeonis beyond excellence. Her vision and expectations has not left me disappointed. I would definitely highly recommend Dr. Colen and her staff for any cosmetic or reconstructive surgery procedures you might be considering.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Dr. Kari Colen is a great physician. She does excellent work and is very patient and nice. Staff is very good too. All in all a very good experience!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2016

Dr. Kari L. Colen's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Kari L. Colen, MD, is an established Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon. She has a private office located in Hackensack, New Jersey, and features over 15 years of experience in her field. Her acclaimed career in medicine began in 2002, when she graduated from the New York University School of Medicine, Alpha Omega Alpha. Following the completion of medical school, Dr. Colen completed an internship and residency at the prestigious New York University Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery. Dr. Colen is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, and she undertakes a wide range of surgical procedures on patients across the age spectrum, including non-invasive cosmetic treatments. She is renowned as a leading expert in breast reconstruction and cosmetic breast procedures. Dr. Colen is a distinguished member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, and she recently appeared on the Dr. Oz television show demonstrating liquid rhinoplasty. Presently, Dr. Colen continues to provide exceptional care to her patients within her own private practice, Colen MD Plastic Surgery in Hackensack, New Jersey.

• English

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)

• Patients Choice Awards 2010