Ratings for Dr. Russell B. Rainey

I went to Dr. Rainey and regret it. We paid him over ten thousand dollars for the first phase of getting my top teeth removed and getting my dentures. My son who went somewhere else had the same amount of teeth removed, and all his work was done for well under three thousand. My son as I, was promised a second pair of dentures in a year once the swelling was totally gone. I was under the impression that I was going to have my TMJ addressed with "tens" and implants, and my permanent dentures in a year like my son, when the swelling was gone, thus the higher price. My son was satisfied with all his work, however I wasn't at all. Eventually I was told, the price didn't include the implants, but just dentures. The high price was for the "tens" for my TMJ and for the special drugs he used when removing my teeth, and for the second set of dentures in a year. I went in many times for the "tens" which at first I thought helped my headaches, but they returned and never saw any change in my TMJ. The second step of the procedure for another 12 thousand kept changing too. The time frame of all the work kept changing, again the drugs used. etc. I finally broke my trust with Dr. Rainey when he attempted to charge me for the second set of top dentures I had already paid for. I have never sued anyone but am debating taking him to court. I have him on recording about the dentures in question saying what he had planned to do and what the charges were for. I am so grateful that I didn't go through with the second phase of the plan. As far as the staff in the office, my first thought was that they were pretty rude. Even the person who brought me to the dentist mentioned how she thought they were rude. One time they forgot me in the chair and I had to use my phone to call the front office to remind them I was in the back. One lady a little nicer then the rest was the reason I had even considered part two~however when I got all my work done (second phase) in another dentist office, I saw then what a dentist office was supposed to be like. Everyone was kind and treated me with respect. Everything done was written out with correct dates and all the work was done correctly, and yes, much cheaper. I do not recommend Dr. Rainey and if you must see him, expect to pay more and be sure to have everything written out with the proper dates. Expect very powerful drugs that were not necessary. My second procedure was done with just a few painless shots, verses some powerful drug that knocks you out, and have no memory of what was done to you. My recommendation is to run in another direction then Dr. Rainey's office. You're welcome to get in touch with me about this through email (Sandeshells@aol.com) or by phone, Twitter or Facebook.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2015

Expensive and prices keep changing. Wish I would have never gone to him.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

I am a student in Tallahassee and went to Dr. Rainey in an attempt to have my teeth cleaned. Though he claims to be a 'faith based dentisty,' he told me that I needed over $9,000 worth of work done on my teeth, including 3 crowns and 6 cavities and a $350 'debrisment cleaning.' He even provided me with the information to take out a medical credit card. After seeing the staggering price of the work, I immediately sent the pictures and x-rays Dr. Rainey had taken to my family's dentist at home. My family's dentist advised me NOT to go back to Dr. Rainey's office and I saw my family dentist over the holiday break. I have ZERO cavities, no cracked teeth or crowns needed, and just needed a simple cleaning. Dr. Rainey is a CROOK and tried to cheat me out of $9,000. STAY AWAY FROM THIS DENTIST!!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2012