Dr. Nakul V. Karkare

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Nakul V. Karkare

Dr Karkare thru bilateral hip surgery helped rid me of paralyzing hips pain which I thank him greatly for....he truly is THE BEST!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2017

My first experience with Dr. Karkare was in April 2017 & I was both relieved and disappointed at the same time, It was a bit of a relief to know that I didn't need surgery, but I was also extremely disappointed that I didn't. I have never been so impressed with a physician as I was with Dr. Karkare. I can't remember the last time I was so comfortable in meeting a doctor for the very first time. What really hit home for me was the fact that he didn't rush through our meeting. He took the time to ask questions just to get to know a little bit about me. Even though I felt a little guilty for taking time away from him as I'm sure he had more pressing matters, Dr. Karkare would not let me rush the conversation. He dedicated his time and focused attention on my needs for the entire time we met. He explained some options for on- going care and I left the office feeling that the type of doctors I knew growing up were not a dying breed....thanks to Dr. Karkare! His understanding, compassion, humility, calm demeanor, respect & grace were quite special and so pleased to know that doctors like him still do exist.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

I was searching for a surgeon to do a total hip replacement and one who would be able to work with my insurance. I was fortunate to find Dr. Karkare by doing an online search. I spoke with Donna at Dr. Karkare’s office. She was extremely helpful in getting authorization from my insurer. Donna has the experience in working with insurers so that I did not have to concern myself with the insurance part of it and I could focus on the surgery. It was a great relief. Donna and Sarah were very helpful and professional throughout the entire process. As for Dr. Karkare, I could not have hoped for a better surgeon. He is personable and took the time to listen to my questions and concerns and gave me the answers I requested. At the time of the surgery and follow up he treated me with the kind of personal attention that you receive from a family doctor who has known you for years. Dr. Karkare or Donna, followed up by calling me each day after the surgery to ask how I was doing and when I called with a question the doctor returned my call promptly. I am completely satisfied with the work he performed and am currently in the recovery process. I have total confidence that the outcome will be everything I had hoped for. Choosing Dr. Karkare as my surgeon was the best decision I could have made. The kind of care I received from Dr. Karkare and his staff is the quality type of medical care that I was looking for. If you would like exceptional medical care, caring professionals and an outstanding surgeon, I suggest you contact Dr. Karkare.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Excellent doctor ! Superb surgeon! Friendly staff !

flag | Submitted May 13, 2017

Dr. Karkare is the best doctor I have ever gone to. His knowledge is amazing, but his heart is too. He cares about his patients in a way I have not experienced in many years. You are never a number to this doctor, you are a person that he values as his patient. He operated on my broken wrist, treated my osteoporosis and is treating my knee problems. He is beyond 5 stars.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

My right leg was broken two years ago. Dr. Karkare did three surgery on my leg. He did a wonderful job. I am happy with his work.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

Dr. Karkare in this day and age is a godsend in his field of medicine. Where now it is more common to communicate with texting/messaging/skyping or emailing, Dr. Karkare still knows the value of a good handshake accompanied with a smile and warm greeting! His commitment and dedication to his practice is unparalleled to any other doctor I have dealt with. His first concern is the patient and the patients happiness and comfort. Also, taking care of the patients concerns and his own concerns which may come from asking additional questions and a physical examination. Dr. Karkare is the 2017 answer to the old time doctors that used to know their patients by first name and make house calls! He is an absolute attribute to his field and well worth the commute to see him at any of his offices!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Old fashioned values of spending time & getting to know his patients. Explains what we need to know clearly. Kind, patient, respectable & respectful.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2017

Great Doctor if you are injured or in chronic pain he Will help you and change your life!!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

Dr Karkure was able to fix my leg so that I can walk , I thought I would never walk again! He listened carefully to what I said and figured out how to fix me!!!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

Dr. Nakul V. Karkare's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Nakul V Karkare is an Orthopedic Surgeon from New York specialized in limb reconstruction and joint replacement surgery. Dr. Karkare serves on the FDA advisory board, under the Orthopedic and Rehabilitation Device Panel, and has operating privileges at Winthrop Hospital, St Charles Hospital, St. Catherine Hospital, Mather Hospital and Peconic Bay Medical Center.

• English
  • Hindi

• Amravati University (Grad. 1995)
  • State University Of New York (Grad. 2003)

• Hip replacement