Ratings for Dr. Sanford F. White

After being a patient for 8 years I will NEVER EVER step foot in Dr. White's office again! This started when I went in on December 19, 2016. Max Smith PAC thought I was having a urinary tract infection. I complied and did the urinary test. He told me it was positive for infection. I started the antibiotics he gave me. A few days later a nurse calls me back and told me I do not have an infection. I then receive a bill later on from Ensign Family Medicine, and on the bill there was a pregnancy test. A test I did not consent for, nor even knew they were giving me. I always thought it was illegal to give tests without patient's consent. We argued over the phone and one of the receptionists offered to send me paperwork that I signed saying they can do any medical tests/treatments as needed. What I had received in the mail was the standard policy about co-pays and insurance. I also received a call saying that Dr. White was threatening to drop me from his practice if I went the legal route for the test. Fast forward to today. I have a remaining balance with this office. We had made a VERBAL agreement that I would pay $10 a month until it is paid off. Nothing in writing at all. I have held up my end of the bargain. Alas I receive a statement today in the mail stating that we had an agreement that it would be paid off by July 1, 2017 and if it is not paid off by October 1, 2017 I will be sent to collections. There never was any written agreement about paying the balance off let alone anything by July 1, 2017. It appears to me that now Dr. White and staff only care about money and not about the actual patient. I will be taking my business elsewhere. And if they send me to collections, I will not pay it. They lied and have been dishonest and anyone considering going to this office should be made aware of it.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

Always behind on office visits. Hurries through appointments. Patient load too high, trying to maximize profits. PA Jeanine Oliver is fabulous, if they'll let you see her. My insurance mandates that I only see dr. White but he is in the office on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday only and is booked solid, how convienent. Took 3 months to make a follow up appointment for lab work review. Why bother. He needs to loosen up about referring his patients to specialists, he can't treat everything... some things require the skill of a specialist.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

Appointments are weeks out. At least 45 minutes behind the last three times I have made an appointment They are helpful but you better have all day to wait.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

This is an overall rating after two + years with Dr. White / Ensign Family Med. First off, clean offices and I like the people. My poor rating for punctuality is not for office visits, but, for nearly everything else. Communication horrible, mailboxes always full so you cannot leave a message; their email server crashed 5 weeks ago and still down; seldom get anyone other than front desk on the phone; takes 2-4 days to get a call back on anything. They made a mistake on an ins mandated pharmacy change 8 days ago and still not fixed - I have now been out of meds two days. Recently took over a month to review results of sleep study even though the company performing the study is in the building across the drive way - by then my ins changed and now I have a higher deductible to meet. IMO, I believe they have too many patients for profit maximization - not enough time for follow through. There have been other instances of similar issues as above with the wife and her visits.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

After see physicians assistant,I was given my prescription and sent on my way. The assistant was not sure if the prescription was strong enough so he informed me that he would call me to check on me. Two weeks later the infection was not gone! I called to speak to someone to have them call in another prescription but I was on able to leave a message for the nurse. The message states that it may take up to 72 hours to return my call, well 96 hours later I called. The front office connected me to the nurse and once again I had to leave a message. The next day after waiting half the day for a return call I called them. I told the front that I wanted to speak to a nurse immediately, when the nurse answered I told her that I did not receive a call back and that I was in pain she informed me that I needed to come in and be seen again when they were to close in 20 min on a Friday! I told her that I was across town and that they should have contacted me days ago and I insisted that they call prescription in! AWFUL patient care!!!!!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2014

Dr. White is a kind man. For that reason, it's easy to feel comfortable around him. He also takes his time to explain things, and I have never felt he was in a hurry to go on to the next patient as other doctors. He even makes sure that he has answered all your questions. I'm glad to have him as a doctor, and it doesn't hurt that he's cute.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2013

Terrible Doctor. Does not address medical issues but offers temporary solutions.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2013

Dr White and his PA Jeaninne Oliver are extremely knowledgable, attentive, patient and helpful. There is little wait time and a friendly helpful staff to assist. I recommended them regularly to other friends.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2012

Dr. White & his staff are very knowlegable and get you in & out in a reasonable time.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2011

The nicest Dr. my family has ever encountered. We drive 40 minutes to see him...well worth it!!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2009

Dr. Sanford F. White's Credentials

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Champ Va