Ratings for Dr. Ka-Yan Tong

I have been a patient of Dr. Tong for many, many years now. I have always found her to be very caring and knowledgeable. She always spends time explaining different topics concerning my medical history. I have never felt rushed by her and she has always been attentive to my condition. My only complaint is her office staff. They definately leave alot to be desired. They are can be pretty rude at times and I assume it's because they are overwhelmed. Dr. Tong was sending me to have a nuclear stress test and the hospital called to schedule my pulmonary function test.....not...I wasn't having that done. Then the resent the orders for a regular stress test and that had to be rescheduled. I won't change Doctor's because of the office staff, but I make sure I understand what I need from Dr. Tong first.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

Dr Tong was recommended to my husband as a GP doctor by our General surgeon. What a great find! She was new in her practice and showed exceptional care to my husband. He did have some issues that were concerning and on our first visit she spent time speaking to us, listening to us and following up on all of our concerns. My husband was hospitalized several times and she was there every step of the way. She called at all times to check on him and called with his results immediately. I have recommended her to several friends and we are all impressed by her kind nature, knowledge and professionalism. Highly recommended! Thank you Dr Tong.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

i left her practice as her assistants were horrible.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2015

DR.TONG DOES TAKE HER TIME ON YOUR 1ST.VISIT , BUT DON'T EXPECT THAT IN YOUR FOLLOWING VISITS . SHE DOES NOT APPRECIATE IF YOU HAVE AN OPINION WITH MEDICAL FACTS . WITH THE INTERNET , WE CAN ALL INQUIRE ABOUT OUR HEALTH SYMPTOMS .WORKING AS A TEAM IS NOT HER FORTE . I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND HER , NOR WILL I USE HER AS A PRIMARY CARE DR.

Submitted November 11, 2013

I was in search of a new G.P. and Dr. Tong was highly referred by 2 specialists. I'am glad I listened to them. She was very attentive to my questions and answered then to where I could understand. She did not rush me and spent the time on my first to make me go back for another. I was happy to receive a print out by her of what my instructions are until my next visit. I'am from La Place, La. and not used to this type doctor-patient relationship. If anyone is wanting to change doctors, she is a perfect change.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2013

Dr. Tong is a very caring person. She really loves helping people get well. I appreciated the time she spent with me on my first visit. She did an excellent job explaining everything she spoke about. She was eager to discuss my blood work by calling me at home in a prompt manner. I will continue to see her. I am now 65 and need the attention she offers. I highly recommend her as a wonderful family doctor .

flag | Submitted May 10, 2013

Dr. Tong is a wonderful doctor. I have had a few health issues the past few years and each time I have visited her, she took her time with me, did not rush, thoroughly explained everything, and called me personally to explain test results. One time, she even called me just to see if I was feeling better. I would highly recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2012

Dr Tong showed genuine concern and her bed-side manner as superb. I would returned to her for diagnostic examination over most physicians in the area. I'm 68 YOA and saw the Dr for a per surgery screening. (surgery was a facial skin cancer)

flag | Submitted October 28, 2011

Dr. Tong is a WONDERFUL doctor. She spent a lot of time doing my first assessment, did not rush, and made a follow up phone call immediately after my labs were ready. I would rate her exceptional in her ability to treat patients with respect and the quality of her care. I highly recommend Dr. Tong. Her office staff is wonderful also.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2010

Dr. Ka-Yan Tong's Credentials

• Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans (Grad. 2006)

• Coventry Health Care Of La Hmo
Multiplan

Updates

• A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Tong for many, many years now. I have always found her to be very caring and knowledgeable. She always spends time explaining diffe..."

May 6, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Tong was recommended to my husband as a GP doctor by our General surgeon. What a great find! She was new in her practice and showed exceptional care to my ..."

April 13, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "i left her practice as her assistants were horrible."

January 17, 2015
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=3089278'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.2

February 6, 2014