Ratings for Dr. David C. Chang

I will not recommend at all. He don't care about his patients and very pretentious.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2014

Lived in Newport Beach, Ca most of my life and fortunately never needed an Orthopedic Dr. However, I moved out to Hawaii and this year tore my meniscus which resulted in me needing surgery. Hawaii is so slow and surgery couldn't be scheduled for a month. That's when I called around in Newport Beach, Ca and found Dr. Chang and his awesome staff. They scheduled me for a visit and surgery so I could fly in and have it done all within the week. They made everything so easy and smooth and the bonus is he is the BEST Orthopedic Dr. ever! He was so nice and answered all my questions without ever making me feel rushed. Surgery went great (7/12) and I'm already back in Hawaii and walking in 2 weeks! I couldn't have been luckier to have found a such Dr. Chang and his wonderful staff. Mahalo!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2012

Dr. Chang is the best there is!!! He re-repaired my Achilles that another doctor messed up! I was walking sooner and am recovering better! He listens, he involved me in my care, I would go back to him again and refers my friends, family and you to him in a heartbeat!!! If you want a great doctor, he is it!!!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2012

Great doctor. Did a great job on my broken clavical and was very supportive. I would recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2012

Dr. Chang and his staff are friendly. Unfortunately Dr. Chang recommended surgery ("for faster healing") and/or a cast unnecessarily. A second opinion from Newport Orthopedic Institute kept my fractured ankle in a 'boot' type splint, avoiding unnecessary cast or surgery. I am disappointed that he would advocate surgery that can possibly cause many other problems when it is completely inappropriate.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2011

He didnt know nothing he said time will heal then when I had to ask for a MRI he shoved me off to another DR. DONT GO TO DR CHANG!!!!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr. Chang was the treating surgeon for my daughter's broken arm in the ER. After surgery she formed a condition called Volkmann's Ischemic Contracture. This is a deformity of the hand. Dr Chang's carelessness caused this to happen to my daughter. He would not listen to me and withheld information about the condition for weeks. He would not take any responsibility and shoved us off on to other doctors when he determined my daughter did in fact have this condition. My daughter was left with a claw like hand and no ability to use her left hand and arm. To top it off Dr. Chang also did not place my daughter's elbow back in place. It was dislocated and he tried 2 times to fix it. After telling me it was back in place he hard casted her and I had to find out from a specialist that he infact had not placed her elbow back correctly. Because of this her elbow healed with the radial head out of place giving her yet another deformity. Dr Chang is BAD and I would never wish him on any family!!!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2008

Dr. Chang is an excellent doctor and has a terrific manner in dealing with his patients - I highly recommend him. How was the circus?

flag | Submitted February 25, 2008

Able to get early appointment. He took the time to explain the problem.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2006

Dr. David C. Chang's Credentials

• Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Healthnet