Ratings for Dr. Michael B. Loftis

When it became apparent that I needed an emergency root canal. The staff worked to get me in as soon as possible. Dr. Loftis has obviously honed his skill. He was kind and explained every part of the procedure. He did an excellent job. I felt completely relaxed and had no pain during the procedure. They recommended a strict regime of OTC meds for the slight discomfort and soreness that came later. I highly recommend this practice.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

I highly recommend Dr. Loftis!! This was by far one of the best dental experiences I have ever had! His staff was very kind and knowledgeable. They got me in right away, which was great because I was in a lot of discomfort. Dr. Loftis was very professional. He explained everything he was doing and did not hesitate to answer any question that I had. He made this a very pleasant, pain free dental experience for me. I would visit his office again in the future!!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

If this is the Dr. Loftis that is in Charleston now - this is the absolute worst experience with a medical professional I have ever had. I read bad reviews on him from another site but decided to keep my appointment with him regardless. BAD DECISION. Everything was fine until I started having issues breathing through my nose (I have allergies) and then had some anxiety due to it. He then became very rude, domineering and acted like a bully. He told me he could not take a break, then threatened to stop the procedure (which I actually wanted him to do at that point), told me I had control issues (huh?) and then lectured about how sick he was of the media and "all my friends" scaring people about root canal and how they are just like fillings. I was dumbfounded. To make matters worse, one-third of the tooth he worked on fell out while I was waiting for my crown and a good portion of his temporary filling, too.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

Consult was for a possible root canal. When I decided not to get a root canal and informed them, the office manager did everything possible to make me feel guilty for canceling the root canal. Later, when I called to get copies of X-rays for the extraction I decided to have, the office manager said the doctor was out of the office and he could only print copies. When questionned, she then confirmed that no one else in the office was capable of providing X-ray or film copies. Very disturbing lack of capability and professionalism from this office. I realize this may not reflect on the doctor's actual abilities, but he must be accountable for his office staff.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2014

I want to say I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Loftis. The thought of having a root canal for most of us is very fearful. He and his staff kept telling me that it is the same as having a filling but will take longer. In my opinion it was much better. I have always had difficulty getting numb from many other dentists. Dr. Loftis took extra time to test me many times to verify I was completely numb. What a great experience! I certainly would not hesitate to save my tooth with a root canal in the future.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2013

Outstanding doctor! He went out of his way to make sure I was comfortable. I was very nervous...but he made me feel relaxed. Many times he was working in my mouth and I didn't even know it:)

flag | Submitted December 19, 2013

flag | Submitted September 3, 2013

"Mike" as he asked me to call him was an amazing dentist/endontist. He and his staff were excellent and made sure I was comfortable at all times. It was my first expierence with a root canal with a post and core and they walked me thru each step and I have to say that it was completely painless!! A+++ doctor in my book!!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2013