Dr. Demetri M. Economedes

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Demetri M. Economedes

Dr. Economedes has refused to do my husband's right knee replacement surgery because of weight. He's had 7 surgeries on left knee and weight was never an issue. He is in a lot of pain, can hardly walk aND to be told this is unacceptable. Another dr has told him he would do it. We just feel like there's more to this than a weight problem. I don't recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

The best in the business. He has performed 02 knee replacement surgeries on my mom and she is doing absolutely well. Dr. E. Is an awesome human being. May God shower him with all the best blessings. Thank you Dr. E.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

Quite simply Dr. E is a very best surgeon I have ever worked with. I had knee replacement 2 weeks about and I am making huge improvements everyday. He is thoughtful, caring and he listens to what you are saying. How many Drs give out their personal cell phone numbers to you after surgery so you can call him anytime you have a problem. He's the best and he's a Cubs fan

flag | Submitted April 4, 2018

Dr. Economedes first performed a total hip replacement in 2014. I have had a very successful recovery. He performed a total knee replacement 16 months ago and everything is going well. I recently started dancing again with my former dance group. I am 63 years young and still moving thanks to Juan. He is an awesome surgeon and individual.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2018

Dr Economedes performed hip replacement surgery on my 82 years old mother. The surgery was very successful. My mother was up and walking one day after her surgery and she's been recovering very quickly. She was walking up and down the stairs just one week later. We couldn't be happier with her recovery. Dr E is not only an awesome surgeon but he also has great bedside manners. He is very caring and he treated us with respect. He listens and he answers every question without hesitation. I would and will highly recommend him to family and friends.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2018

It’s been over a year since he performed my surgery and I can no longer walk without assistance. His office was neglectful, did not inform me I had staph or treat me for it prior to surgery. Forgot post surgical pain meds and didn’t return the hospitals calls to get them for over 18 hours. Ignored all requests for documentation from my primary care physician. There’s more, but I’m limited on space. I’ve been left no choice but to take legal action and hope I can find another surgeon to repair the damage done.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2018

Dr. Demetri M. Economedes's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Demetri M. Economedes is a hip, knee and sports medicine specialist at Cary Orthopaedics. He attended Pennsylvania State University for undergrad and Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine for medical school. Afterwards, Dr. Economedes interned at the Mercy Suburban Hospital in Pennsylvania and completed his residency at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. Dr. Economedes completed fellowship training at the Adult Joint Reconstruction Fellowship at Rush University in Chicago. Additionally, he is certified with the American Osteopathic Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.

• English

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 2007)
  • Pennsylvania State University **