Ratings for Dr. Bruce Yoneda

There is a reason why you can get into see this Doctor quickly! If you require any surgery he has to refer you onto someone else. I went to him for a torn meniscus and all he was interested in was treating the mild arthritis in my knee and ignored my torn meniscus. Was of no help to me

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

He is very relaxed. At his appointments he wears shorts, runners and a ball cap with retro music playing. No doubt, after many years of practise and surgeries he has an immense amount of knowledge, but it sure is hard to get answers. He dismisses, doesn't appear to hear your comments and will walk away. Twice he mixed me up with someone else, and three times he kept referring to my good knee. I have sat and waited almost two hours for my scheduled first appointment of the day. The ball cap makes it is very difficult to make eye contact. He has a rote routine- I have heard the same jokes, same comments so many times. In reference to two other reviews-He does make comments about pole dancing, and I have never seen him wash his hands between patients /before or after injections. I have received more information from the physiotherapist I consulted.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

Best knee/shoulder doctor in Victoria. I've been seeing him for over 20 years. He has a delightful relaxed, casual manor and his consultation rooms are a pleasant experience. When it comes to efficiency and knowledge and helpfulness he's the go to guy.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

never washes his hands before or after seeing patients, even when giving injections

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

Dr. Yoneda has been my surgeon for over 30 years, and has performed 5 successful surgeries on both of my shoulders and foot. Hi is knowledgable, skilled and very personable. I would highly recommend him as an orthopedic surgeon.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

The surgery he did was good, he fix up my meniscous. However very impatient, never gives you information on what he even did to your injured area, he leaves you hanging. He makes SEXUAL jokes towards you in first and second encounters. He called me a "loose women" as a joke the first day i met him (i was dressed in leggings and a beggy t-shirt(im 21 yrsold female) ) and after the surgery post opt meeting he mentioned my knee if good enough to go back to pole dancing. Im a varsity athlete and have never once nor ever done nor mentioned that to him nor had interest in anything of that sorts. Just complete sexual harassment. He never once asked me if i had any questions regarding what i can and cannot do. I had to ask him to wait and stop walking away in order for me to get my important answers. Answers such as when i could return to my collegiate sport, or when i could run again, like what the f*ck!! He is the most inappropriate surgeon, doctor, and health physician i have ever encounter. See someone else.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

Without doubt the best doctor I have ever been treated by. He repaired torn meniscus on both my knees over a 14 month period. Both were like near new knees within a few weeks post op! Golfing within 3 weeks after on both after some good physio and rehab. Has a great sense of humour and great bedside manner. Very approachable and down to earth. I highly recommend him for knee surgery.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

Fantastic doctor who can see through the bulls**t. He was able to discover the true nature of my severe injury, in spite of the jokes of WCB Doctors I was first sent to. He advocates for the patients and will not bend to the will of the WCB or ICBC. There can be waits to see him, but it is worth it, and a phone call to his fine staff ahead of the appointment can reduce wait times. I had this injury 17 years ago, I've had 20 surgeries, and I've seen MANY doctors, and Yoneda knows his stuff better than any doctor I've seen.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

Dr Yoneda is very entertaining but his personality doesn't work for me. 8 months after my scope for a torn meniscus I still have pain and can't pin him down for an explanation. I have not been able to get the message through to him that inability to walk properly is life altering as it impacts my ability to look after my home and garden as well as earn a living. I need more information and it's not forthcoming.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

Dr Sun and Dr Yoneda gave me back my life many years ago. I had extensive back surgary and was told, at best you will allways walk with canes. Well I ended up walking Wittys lagon with my dogs for years, up down all around with no cane perioud! Years later I damaged my knee and was in so much pain I took the first doctor who would take me (wosrt decition of my life) As with all surgarys, there is a waiting. You will wait long periouds in the dr's office, you will wait... thats a fact! Your not the only one there! By the time my knee surgary came, I walked down the stairs that morning as a normal person, 2 years later I heve never been able to walk Wittys lagoon and can't even walk my dogs anymore. My knee sugary from another has done me more harm than good rite from day 1! Now I'm so bad, I can't work anymore. I will wait for Yoneda, because if, "Yoneda a dr", you wait for the best! I never found things rushed, he listened, he explained, blunt and to the point. I allways respect that!

flag | Submitted June 12, 2012