Ratings for Dr. Bruce Yoneda

After numerous appointments from birth to 17yrs of age my child decided enough. Our appointments were approx. every 6months and it didn't seem to matter what time of the day we always had at least a 2hr wait in the waiting room and when one is traveling from up Island the last thing you want to do is have to wait 2hrs to see the doctor for all of maybe 5 minutes only to be told to be good for your mom, clean your room and see you in another couple of months.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2018

I had my first knee surgery at age 15, and have had three more since, on the same knee. Due to allergic reactions, I can no longer have “lube jobs”, as Dr. Yoneda refers to them, in my knee., so I’m bone on bone. At my last appointment, I brought up the new treatment of using your own platelets/stem cells to regrow cartilage, which is cutting edge and has shown to have some very good results in US studies. He refused to even consider this treatment and says I’m too young for knee replacement surgery and that there is absolutely nothing else that he can do to help me. That’s not true. There is nothing else that he’s WILLING to do to help me. Oh yeah, and his pole dancing shtick gets old really quickly and wasn’t particularly funny the first time. Time to move on to a younger, more up to date orthopedist.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2018

My first experience with Dr. Yoneda was when he did arthroscopic surgery on my son's knee following a highschool gym class accident in 1986. Prior to this, my son had no previous experience with surgeries. He was so impressed with the treatment that Dr. Yoneda gave him, that to this day, he considers Dr. Yoneda the bench-mark from which he evaluates the doctors he has been associated with ever since. Personally, I have been under Dr. Yoneda`s care, on and off, for appros. 18 yrs., for arthroscopic surgery on both knees and follow-up treatments consisting of knee injections to aleviate the pain associated with the `bone-on-bone` problems. I have found him to be highly intelligent, up-to-date with the latest medical technology associated with my knee issues, and now with my rotator cuff injury. He had always treated me with the greatest respect, and takes the time to listen to my medical complaints. And I particularly admire how he explains things in terminology that I can understand, and he provides take-home literature that assists with my healing. I always appreciate his casual approach, sense of humour and `down-to-earth` demeanor. Like my son, I have the greatest respect for Dr. Yoneda and the way he has always treated my medical issues. Gloria Walker 250-727-2380

flag | Submitted February 21, 2018

I found my visit great. He answered my questions. He gave good advice. He listened. He had solutions which worked for me. It was a positive experience.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

I have been quite happy with the service I received from Bruce. Alway happy and professional exchanges.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

OMG he said the same thing to me years ago about getting back to pole dancing!! That was years ago when he told me my knee was done (no xray or physical exam). Went elsewhere and turns out there was nothing wrong with my knee!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

He doesn't listen, as he I s too busy coming up with quips and comments to try and entertain you. Unfortunately, he seems to think that joking about me as a woman "getting back to my pole dancing" is appropriate. His skill set and knowledge seems to be there, but his delivery and manner are really lacking.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

I am so glad I have seen Dr. Yoneda for my knee. He has a wealth of experience.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2017

There is a reason why you can get into see this Doctor quickly! If you require any surgery he has to refer you onto someone else. I went to him for a torn meniscus and all he was interested in was treating the mild arthritis in my knee and ignored my torn meniscus. Was of no help to me

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

He is very relaxed. At his appointments he wears shorts, runners and a ball cap with retro music playing. No doubt, after many years of practise and surgeries he has an immense amount of knowledge, but it sure is hard to get answers. He dismisses, doesn't appear to hear your comments and will walk away. Twice he mixed me up with someone else, and three times he kept referring to my good knee. I have sat and waited almost two hours for my scheduled first appointment of the day. The ball cap makes it is very difficult to make eye contact. He has a rote routine- I have heard the same jokes, same comments so many times. In reference to two other reviews-He does make comments about pole dancing, and I have never seen him wash his hands between patients /before or after injections. I have received more information from the physiotherapist I consulted.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017