Ratings for Dr. Sara J. Mornar

I had a great experience with Dr. Mornar. Her bedside manner is quick and to the point, which I don't mind. I am basing my review on how she did as a surgeon: I had a robot assisted hysterectomy which uncovered some underlying issues. My surgery went well, she answered all my questions both post op and in my follow up appointment. Now, two weeks after surgery, I feel great.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

Dr. Mornar performed a fairly difficult surgery- a very large fibroid tumor removal and an abdominal hysterectomy. I am five weeks into recovery and I am doing really well. Dr. Mornar has excellent communication skills. She explained on two separate occasions - in detail-what her game plans would be once she discovered the issues during the surgery. I understood exactly what her plans A, B and C would be and the consequences of all of those scenarios. I was very concerned about damage to the bladder or bowel and she assured me she would not attempt something that would cause permanent damage- and she assured me if any damage occurred she would call a urologist and fix the problem before they closed me up. When she got in she found one ovary was attached to the bowel by previous adhesions and she decided not to take it out- because of the potential damage it could cause. I cite this as evidence that she listened to my wishes and I am happy she made the decision. The wound is low and if I wanted to wear a bikini, I could do so without the scar showing...Throughout this difficult time, she was very compassionate, communicative and attentive. She came to the hospital daily- even on the weekend. My experience of her as a doctor is very positive, and would certainly recommend her to friends. She has a clear and direct bedside manner- and that might not appeal to some people, but I appreciate her communication and compassion. Her surgeries are done at Christus Santa Rosa Alamo Heights- and this is a wonderful hospital with an excellent staff.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2015

As a first time mother, I was very disappointed in the way I was treated. I received little to no guidance on anything about my pregnancy. Most of what I learned, I learned online. Due to an underlying condition, it was determined early on that I would need a c section. Due to this reason, I was "out sourced" to a specialist and literally felt like every time I went to see Dr. Mornar, she spent 5 minutes with me asking me what the specialist said. My c section date has been tossed around 3 different times all the while based on convenience for the doctor. When I've tried to change the date due to my husband's upcoming promotion or family reasons, I was treated like I was crazy because you "can't plan a baby." I was accidentally told by my specialist's office that they needed to see me earlier because dr. Mornar was going out of town. So it appears, I can not schedule based on my convenience, but she can.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

I did not find her helpful. She kept blowing off the fact that I had some pain during sex, telling me it was just a cyst. The cyst persisted after 3 months, and upon second opinion, it was recommended I have surgery because my ovary was 2x the size it should be. I just didn't feel as if she cared much about my concerns nor did she listen much when I said I found my period quite bothersome. I had been diagnosed with PMDD 2 years before I saw her, yet when describing my pathology, she told me it was all normal. Ultimately, it was found that I have endometriosis, which is not debilitating, but I feel like if my symptoms had been acknowledged more thoroughly, this may have not been such a hassle. My 2nd opinion Dr. recommended surgery ASAP to make sure everything was normal. It was :). I, personally, just did not feel like Dr. Mornar took enough time to see me and I often wondered why I left paying the 20$ co-pay.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2013

GREAT DOCTOR. THOROUGH. GENTLE. KNOWLEDGEABLE. RESOLVED A PROBLEM THAT OTHER DRS. COULD NOT SOLVE.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

Dr. Mornar knows her stuff! She is just a genuinely caring person and takes time to listen to your problems. After my miscarriage i felt like i was being a pain but she was always very caring and understanding never came across as bothered. She returns phone calls and takes her time on phone even if its after hours. Very very good doctor! Love her!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2013

Dr. Mornar knows her stuff! She saw me shortly after i signed in. She was caring and understanding to my situation , I was nervous to talk to anyone about my condition and she made me feel like I was not alone. She explained my options and helped me understand what was ahead. I wish women's health care had more people like her!

flag | Submitted April 7, 2012

I found her to be caring, but not flexable in her approach. I have had 4 c sections and she was basically trying to get me on birth control saying that I have had too many c sections. She had also said that my uterus was very thin during the surgery, but I had been told by a previous obgyn that the uterus is always thin during c ections because of the body preparing for labor. I thought she was too much involved in trying to get me on birth control rather than trying to listen to my feelings. Not a bad doctor, but she did not share my approach to family planning.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2011

Dr. Mornar sent me in for a MRI about 2 years ago to check for a pituitary tumor. She told it came back negative, then never offered to find out what the cause of my initial problem was that sent me in for a MRI in the first place. Found out two days ago that the tumor WAS in fact there two years ago and has since grown. She does not seem to know what she is doing.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2011

Argumentative. Does not respond well to your concerns and rushes through appointments.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2011

Dr. Sara J. Mornar's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 2003)

• BCBS Massachusetts