Ratings for Dr. Daniel D. Lee

I met Dr. Lee in 2017. I had already had 3 other back surgeries. From my last surgeryI had in 2015, I was left with more chronic lower back pain and severe right foot drop. When I went into meet with Dr. Lee, he was very straight with me about what he thought he could do for me and my back because it was getting worse every day. Dr. Lee told me and I totally understood the process of his thoughts he could help me relieve my right foot drop and could fuse my L-3, L-4, L-5 to strengthen my lower back with the fusion. We also both understood that a 4th surgery like all of my othe surgeries where not going to make me 100 percent again. I understood that if we gained 15 to 20% less pain, this would be considered a success. Thankfully we did the surgery on 1-31-18. When I came out of surgery, immediately I was rewarded with no more foot drop. That in itself was a great challenge and added pain I was suffering with for almost 3 years. My back pain has been reduced and I have been able to get off the higher doses of pain meds. I can say that having Dr. Lee do the surgery on my back was the best thing I have done. I would recommend Dr. Lee to anyone who seeks relief and struggles with chronic back pain. He has great bedside manner and just seems like a really good person. Thank you Dr. Lee

flag | Submitted June 14, 2018

In 1973 my back was broken while competing in a high school wrestling tournament. At the time of my injury the surgeons suggested delaying surgery and participating in lots of physical rehabilitation. For the last several years I have been in constant pain and could not straighten out my back. Dr. Lee reviewed my case and recommended surgery. He described the surgery in detail and left me feeling confident in the procedure. The surgery was a total success and I now (9 months after surgery) feel better than I have in over 30 years! Also, Dr. Lee and his staff have been great post-surgery and during the entire healing process. I recommend anyone with spine issues schedule an appt and listen to Dr. Lee's opinion.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2018

Dr. Lee expalined exactly what the procedure envolved. Also, the pluses and the minuses. Everything he told me happened exactly as he stted. His choice of Valley Hospitalwas unbelievely great. I have had very good care in Sacramento Sutter Group,but this was much more. Ifeel like a VIPwhen dealing with Dr. Lee and his staff and hopsital. The best I have seen. Warren R Wolfe

flag | Submitted June 1, 2018

Had to have back surgery - extremely pleased with my results. He was very clear to explain to me in layman terms exactly what was wrong with my back. I had the fusion done and as stated earlier I am very happy with my results.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2018

A complete assembly line! I have never known a Dr. to call 5 patients at one time. I apparently was the last patient to be seen. While opening the door to come in he was reading my information aloud. Rude as well a major violation of the HIPPA law. He rushed through everything. Mauled me in my injured areas, looked at one picture from the MRI and left the room (for a moment he says after one of the assistants came in under the pretense of needing to ask him about something). He never returned. I still had questions and the assistant stated he had left for the day! Outrageous!!!! When I received a copy of his so called report there were errors up and down. It stated he did things (which he did not) and completely changed my statements to him. How he received high ratings is beyond me. Beware people beware.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2018

He changed my wife’s life with fusion back surgery.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2018

My husband had a really bad experience with this doctor. He had 3 previous spine surgeries, the last one being a fusion. This was 4 years ago and the surgeon did tell him that in time the pressure will move up the spine and might cause problems. Now the back pain problems have started and my husband is in pretty bad pain, where his legs and arms go numb, can't go to work, can't sleep at night, and can't ever find a comfortable place to sit. He has tried pain management, but hasn't gotten much relief. So we decided to go see a surgeon and we picked Dr Lee and profoundly regret it. Looking at an 8 month old MRI, he told my husband that his spine is the most beautiful he has ever seen and that there's nothing wrong with him, to go see pain management. We found that to be ignorant, rude and unprofessional when someone gives you all these issues they have. Why wouldn't a doctor do another MRI to see the current condition of the spine? We will be getting a second opinion and definitely DO NOT recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2018

I first was introduced to Dr. Lee in Sep 2016 when a chiropractor recommended an Orthopedic Surgeon based on an X-ray. Dr. Lee ordered an MRI, which identified the back issue but also found both an abnominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) and a potential cancerous issue in my spleen. Because we do not live in the Las Vegas area and had no contacts here, Dr. Lee provided excellent contacts to provide solutions to both the AAA and the spleen issue. He then provided relief of the back issue with an injectionl This year, after suffering a fall from a ladder that resulted in a compression fracture of L2, I returned to Las Vegas for Dr. Lee's care. He operated to remove the pressure on the nerves which has eliminated the pain. Very knowledgeable, very helpful and very talented.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

I was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease in 2005. In 2006 I had L4-5 fused by another surgeon. There were complications that left me with nerve damage and loss of feeling in my left foot. I have lived with that for 16 years. I swore I would never have another as the first one was a nightmare! I started seeing Dr Lee a couple years ago for more trouble going on with my spine. We thought it was my neck, by the symptoms, and it was pretty bad, not operable unless emergency. Then I was getting other symptoms in my lower area again so we did a MRI and found totally crushed nerves at L2-3. Dr Lee said I absolutely had to have this surgery or I would lose feeling in areas that would ruin my quality of life. I fought with him about it but he would let it go. I had the surgery October 18th. EVERYTHING went great! In fact I got some feeling back in my left foot that had been numb for 16 years. Him and his staff are the best! I would recommend him to anyone contemplating spin surgery!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

Dr. Daniel D. Lee is hands down the best spine surgeon in Las Vegas. He's personable, caring honest, professional, understanding and treats each patient with respect. Dr. Lee successfully fused my L4-S1 and has been supportive throughout my recovery process. Dr. Lee's staff are amongst the best. They are attentive, informative, empathetic and professional. Thank you Dr. Lee for giving me my life back!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

Dr. Daniel D. Lee's Credentials

• Chinese

• University Of Chicago - Pritzker School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)