Ratings for Dr. John C. Eum

Recently had excruciating pain from a rear molar and went to another dentist who xrayed and found no issues. One day later pain grew even worse, made appointment with Dr. Eum at the Bear Glasgow site. Was a little put off by having to wait for almost 45 minutes to see him for a scheduled appointment, but that is not Dr. Eum's fault. Met him, explained almost 9 out of 10 pain now after another dentist x-rayed and found no issues. Dr. Eum immediately did more x rays and began performing a LARGE amounts of tests. At this point it appeared as if the molar would have to be extracted. I really did not want to do that, but the pain was making it almost unavoidable. Dr. Eum then did additional cold, probing, and gum depth tests to make SURE we had no other choice, and I really appreciated that. The molar DID have to be removed, and I was MORE than satisfied that he exhausted EVERY other possible cause before choosing removal, which is VERY important as a patient. Because the molar was on the top, he DID fully explain the outside chance of sinus complications because of where the roots were which again, I appreciated. The extraction took a great deal of time as he was clearly trying to coax it out gently as opposed to strong arm rapid pulling. Having never visited him before I did not know what to expect, but he seemed very knowledgeable, friendly, and genuinely did NOT want to do an extraction unless no other choice was available. I will be returning to see him again. NOT overly impressed by the wait times at the Bear Glasgow site, but perhaps I caught them at a bad time. My wife has seen him numerous times at the Progressive Dental site with never a wait. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2015

Dr.Eum is always a pleasure to see. He is skillful and straight forward. His assistants are very helpful.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2011

In my perspective Dr.John Eum have very Little knowledge. I went to him when my filling came of from the tooth. He took the x-rays and told i need root canal and crown which costs over 3000$. so i went to another doctor for second opinion what i needed is just a filling which costs only a over 100$. Also he didn't check the teeth for the sensitivity whether i needed a root canal or just filling. I felt like cheated thank god i didn't go to him again and went to a knowledgeable dentist.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2011