Ratings for Dr. Alan H. Greenspan

Dr Greenspan is the best and I am very critical of my doctors. I have used him as my Dermo for many varying issues- I went to him for an infected cyst in my armpit (called him at 4 am because of the pain and he promptly returned my call concerned and made room for me immediately). He was very knowledgeable,patient and explained my condition to me- with so much heart. Due to the fact that I trusted him, I went back because I delvelpes 3 cysts on my FACE and had broken capillaries. He removed the cysts delicately with no scaring and fixed my capillaries- again, explaining the process and procedure. I was very happy with the outcome. In this big city filled with so many doctors- Dr Greenspan sure makes it clear that his patients are his priority and he handles them with CARE. I would recommend him to anyone that needs dermitological assistance because he is brilliant.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

So this is a great doctor if you DONT have any skin condition. I went to dr. Greenspan for a mole check, I noticed that a mole was growing fast, he decided to ignore it - some time later went back for another mole check and he decided to remove the one I had pointed out the previous year. Sure enough it came out abnormal after a year. I totally blame my scar on him, if he removed it when I pointed it out to him I might have avoided having a huge scar on my chest. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR - he has ZERO COMPASSION.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2011

Dr. Greenspan is top notch - an excellent dermatologist; extremely competent, down-to-earth, experienced, knowledgeable, sincere, kind-hearted and a 'mensch'. I've been going to him for many years (when need arises) and would highly recommend him to anyone. He's an excellent diagnostician, skilled dermatologist, good communicator and pleasant person. Experience his care and treatment first hand!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2009

Dr. Greenspan had me waiting a little bit. He told me my skin did not look that bad, but I went there because I was unhappy with my skin.He wrote me a topical antibiotic prescription and then a cleanser, but said I could also by a similar cleanser over the counter. He left me puzzled as to how much more effective the prescription cleanser is than an over the counter one. I wanted help with a scar which he said could not be fixed and then said I do not do this type of work, but they can do someting . Another contradiction. He also does not use lasers to treat acne/skin problems which seems like the most recent preventitive techmique and is also used to treat numerous skin conditions quickly, and repair damage. He did not explain much and was in and out in a few minutes with little concern for wmy dermatological problems.The other reviews puzzle me becuae the service was not complete, no matter how friendly he might be.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2008

I had 2 people highly recommend him to me, and when I went to him, he was indeed very professional and knew what he was talking about. He dignosed me correctly, and gave me the right treatment immediately and effectively.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2006

Dr. Greenspan came highly recommended. I've found him to be a very competent and knowledgable doctor, always smiling..excellent bedside manners, and I would feel comfortable recommending him to anyone has tried the other "so called experts" and really needs to see the best.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2006

He is good, highly recommended, and he always has a smile on his face.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2006

Dr. Alan H. Greenspan's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1979)

Champ Va