Ratings for Dr. Patricia Choy

Dr. Choy was not my OBGYN, but she did deliver my baby (I delivered overnight, so my OBGYN was unavailable). My experience with her was unpleasant. It was my first baby so I had no experience delivering. She offered no reassurance or encouragement, she was rude and had no bedside manner whatsoever.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2017

Let me first say that Dr Choy was very nice. This was my first visit, being seen for abnormal bleeding. With that being said I am 47 years old, with a history of unregulated cycles. When you do not have regular cycles over the course of years, the lining in your uterus builds up and can become cancer. (warning number 1) Secondly, my mother had pre cancerous cells on her uterus at the age of 42, and had a total hysterectomy done. (warning number 2) Third, every member other than a few cousins, on BOTH, sides of my family, have passed away due to some form of cancer... (mom, dad, aunts, uncles, grandparents) so that puts me at an even Higher risk. Warning number three... so when I went into her office to have testing done she was concerned about cancer due to the extensive medical history I have in my family. So I have my pap done and she wants to do a biopsy... with my insurance it is going to be 300. Which NO ONE CALLED ME BACK TO TELL ME like they said they would.. I had to call them to find out how much it was going to cost.... they would Not work out a payment plan, even if I paid half, then had the remaining balance debited direct out of my bank the following week. So I re schedule this biopsy which should have been done ASAP, because they are not willing to work with you.. (warning flag) So they tell me they will call when they get my pap results... today was 3 weeks past my appoint, and I still hadn't heard anything so I call...the office staff was like, " Oh, you haven't heard anything.. not even by mail" I was like ummm NO. So I was put on hold... Someone comes back to inform me that I had an abnormal pap come back.. I have endometrial cells on my uterus, and with abnormal bleeding is a sign of uterine cancer.. plus I tested positive for the hpv virus 18, that is the high risk for cervical cancer.. when combined results like this it becomes dangerous... I was in shock.... I was at work and had a Meltdown! WHAT KIND OF OFFICE GIVES YOU NEWS LIKE THIS OVER A PHONE CALL WHICH YOU HAD TO MAKE BECAUSE NO ONE CALLED YOU!!! I had no consultation, not able to talk face to face with anyone, was not asked if I had any questions NOTHING.!! It was like they were telling me I had a scratch!! My trust went out the window. The information I do know, I looked up myself because no one explained s**t to me! As I stated before, Dr Choy was a very nice person, but extremely poor practices in her office is a reflection of how things are ran.. I'm not just a case, I am a woman who might have cancer!!! I'm not disposable, which is how I was made to feel. I will NOT be going back that place. Sadly, you are a reflection of your practice, and if this is how your practice works, then I want NO part of it! My health is worth something, even if it is only to me!!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Would give zero stars if possible. She is the colleague of my wife's High Risk obgyn. Came to the hospital cause my wife was in severe pain and 20 weeks pregnant. The ER nurse sent us straight to the L&D floor. The nurse come in and took the viral signs which were 205/106 with a 104bpm. Nurse told she would be back as quickly as possible she was going to call the Doctor. Came back in with in 6 minutes with discharge papers from dr Choy that never even stepped foot in the room I might add that had discharge instructions of return tonormal activities and return to normal diet. My wife is high risk ordered on bed rest and strick diabetic diet. From her regular OB Dr Taylor who's amazing. Walked downstairs without given a wheelchair and was admitted by the ER to be seen immediately for current medical condition. Don't know how this woman can be a dr. Second time she's done this by the way. I advise seeing a dentist for your pregnancy before this lady

flag | Submitted September 5, 2016

I've been here a couple of times and have waited no less 2 hours past my appointment for her to even walk into the exam room. (Whats the point of even having an appointment?) Spends very little time with patient and although takes forever to see you, always seems to be in a hurry. Also, usually takes about two weeks before you can get in for an appointment. I have gone elsewhere.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

spends too little time with patient. would not ever see again, nor recommend.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2016

I was a patient for many years and I started getting cysts on my right ovary. She recommended surgery to remove the cyst and that's what we did. I was told everything was fine after and I was good to go. 3 months later I was still having the same problems and she told me no big deal - cysts come back sometimes. I went for a 2nd opinion and they stated it looked like endometriosis based on ultrasounds & op notes. I was sent to a specialist. 4 weeks later I was in surgery again & officially diagnosed with stage IV endometriosis (there are only IV stages). Turns out my endo was so bad it required yet another surgery 3 months later - that was open surgery (hip to hip incision). No thanks to her I had 3 surgeries in 13 months. This was almost 3 years ago and I'm still dumbfounded as to how Dr Choy missed stage IV endo during my surgery. She even had notes in my op report that indicated it but told me I was fine. I've never been back and I couldn't be quiet about my experience any longer.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2014

Dr Choy has been great, delivering two of my kids. She's pretty laid back, but I know that if there were ever any problems, she'd be all over it.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2012

been going here a few years but am CHANGiNG now that I need more than basic annual. She did not read my chart or assistant's notes and was totally unfamiliar with what was going on with me (I had seen her a week before) and what services SHE had provided...I probably need surgery and now don't trust her at all and need to find new obgyn.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2012

Refused, along with the other two doctors in her clinic, to see a 44 year old autistic woman. This should NEVER happen!!! She didn't even give the patient a chance to meet her.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2011

I regret the day I made an appointment with her. My appointment was scheduled to 2 o'clock. I got there 20 minutes befoe and I spent about 30 minutes in the room by myself waiting for her to decide to show up! I opened the door and she was siting outside doing something on her computer... 10 minutes later she decided to go see me and spent at most 5 minutes checking me. I asked her about the Mirena and birth control options and she was not helpful at all!!!! I will never go back to that office again! She is the worst doctor EVER!!!!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2011

Dr. Patricia Choy's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Medicine And Surgery (Grad. 1993)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Webster, TX