Ratings for Dr. Maheer Gandhavadi

I have known Dr. Gandhavadi since March 2017 shortly after I had been taken on a high speed ambulance ride to Providence Hospital in Everett, with an extremely low pulse and very low blood pressure. It was a high stress encounter in which he told me that I needed to have a pacemaker implanted ASAP. When I asked, he said there were no alternatives. Very calm, very precise, very workmanlike. Without saying anything, he wedged me into the operating room within four hours of having made his diagnosis. Calm the entire way. the next day, lots of instructions, medical checks and I was out, but not forgotten; nurses called, the remote cardiac calibrater by my bed had not booted up correctly. Several more followup calls. Post operative office visit; extraordinary staff. 18 months later, his strong recommendation that I either take blood thinners for the rest of my life or undergo the emplacement of a watchman device inside my left ventricle. More calm, extremely knowledgeable discussion regarding the pros and cons and the decision to implant was made. In theory, a frightening procedure, but in practice, nearly painless. I have subsequently asked him to be my cardiologist, to which he agreed. It is not often that I meet a doctor with such a high degree of technical skill, humanity and at the same time, intensity.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2019

Simply the best...the entire staff takes time to listen and explain.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

Dr. Maheer Gandhavadi's Credentials

• Duke University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2006)

AARP