Ratings for Dr. Shvetha M. Zarek

Dr. Zarek is phenomenal! We are currently expecting after IVF. We feel so lucky to have found her. Her bedside manner is spot-on-- gentle, patient and always positive. We felt 100% confident and comfortable that SIRM was working hard to ensure success for us. They understand how difficult the IVF journey can be and were so supportive. After being so disappointed with the quality of care at other local IVF clinics, it was refreshing to have a highly successful doctor and clinic who treated us like family.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2017

My husband and I cannot sing Dr. Zarek and SIRM high enough praises. In a time where infertility has unfortunately become something of a business, our experience with Dr. Zarek was truly refreshing....from her honesty and empathy to her patience and availability. Based on my history and evaluation, we were presented with all options and never felt pressured to proceed directly with IVF which speaks volumes. Ultimately, we decided to go straight to IVF and are now BLESSED to be expecting a little baby girl this June after going through one round of IVF! Throughout my care, Dr. Zarek's exceptional training and knowledge of past and current research were both evident as well as impressive. As a fellow physician, I was aware she literally pulled out all the stops from the start (with good rationale for her decisions and with my permission of course) and did not waver in her confidence to make things happen. There were instances when my body and hormones did not respond in the ideal fashion but in each instance, Dr. Zarek was a master at troubleshooting. At one point, after a month of medications and just 2 days shy of my scheduled frozen embryo transfer, I was stunned by an unanticipated lab abnormality, and in my distress, I was tempted to continue as planned. Dr. Zarek handled my disappointment with such kindness but was steadfast in her advice to not proceed expressing her desire for optimal conditions so as not to waste our precious embryos. The clinic and lab were extremely accommodating of my situation and fit me in "off cycle" bearing the inconvenience so that I would not have to wait an additional month before starting the next cycle. Thanks to her honesty, I am lucky to not only have avoided a very possible miscarriage but to also have my remaining embryos for a chance at future children. Even after the positive pregnancy test, Dr. Zarek did everything in her power to anticipate and prevent possible causes of miscarrying. When I had some unexpected bleeding around the time I was to transition to my OB, she continued to follow me regularly and concurrently with my OB until I personally felt comfortable moving on (I was sad to leave her care!). Regarding the clinic, my husband and I are grateful to the staff for their friendly faces and smiles, encouragement and responsiveness throughout the process. Based on my personal experience and based on what I know exists out there, I highly recommend Dr. Zarek for any person or couple searching for a personable, trustworthy and knowledgeable RE physician with a high moral code and a high success rate. Having her as a friend during what is a stressful and emotional journey is invaluable. I have a great deal of respect for her and we are forever grateful!!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

Dr. Zarek is amazing! The RE I went to in Florida immediately told me I was a "waste of time" unless I went directly to an egg donor. My husband & I were so lucky to have found her & we are now expecting our healthy boy in August 2017! From the first Skype I did with her for my consult, she felt like my friend as well as my doctor who really wanted to get me pregnant. Although the process was a little more difficult since I live in Florida, her & her staff made it as painless as possible. She was always accessible to answer my questions & address any of my concerns. In the end it was worth every trip up to St. Louis to see her. My husband & I are SO grateful that we found her & would recommend her to anyone!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

Highly, highly recommend Dr. Zarek! She treats you like a friend, not just a patient, and is the ONLY doctor that I have ever had who is so caring, accessible, and knowledgeable. She did not give up on us even when other IVF clinics had. We cannot thank her enough for believing in our dream of becoming parents even when we had given up hope. Our little one is due August 2017!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2017

Dr. Zarek and the staff at SIRM are fantastic! She is very knowledgeable and truly cares about the success of her patients. I felt like I could ask her anything and she provided me with honest answers throughout the process. I had several set-backs along the IVF road and one failed transfer... but Dr. Zarek worked with us to put us in the optimal position for a second transfer. We had to postpone a planned transfer due to thin lining, but I'm glad she gave me the truth that I didn't want to hear. We followed her advice and I am now 13 weeks pregnant with a little boy!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2017

Prior to seeing Dr. Zarek, my wife had three miscarriages and had already seen a couple specialists. We were pretty much at wit's end. Dr. Zarek and her staff were very understanding, professional and knowledgeable. But above all, our history of miscarriages did not shake her confidence that she could help us, and that confidence was very comforting in a time when we were dealing with so much uncertainty.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017

Going to SIRM- STL and seeing Dr. Zarek is one of the best decisions I've ever made. After 3 back-to-back miscarriages I was feeling completely hopeless. And since I could get pregnant, I wasn't sure we even needed to see an RE. But after my first visit with Dr. Zarek I finally felt hope. We ran further testing and were able to confirm a diagnosis of APS. She was able to treat me and monitor me while trying to conceive and through her treatment plan I was not only able conceive, but actually maintain my pregnancy! The entire staff is knowledgeable, friendly and very responsive. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Zarek and SIRM to anyone who is struggling.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

We highly recommend Dr. Zarek! We switched from another clinic when told they weren't sure what they could do differently for us given my history of multiple miscarriages. From our very first meeting with Dr. Zarek we felt a new since of hope. Dr. Zarek and the staff at Sher were so kind and welcoming. They were always available if we had any questions and a source of encouragement throughout the IVF process. After just one IVF and Transfer we are now expecting twins!! We feel so very blessed to have Dr. Zarek as our doctor and friend!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

My husband and I are overjoyed with the experience at SIRM and especially Dr. Zarek. Dr. Zarek is a warm and caring doctor that listens to your concerns. She worked with us and gave her honest opinion which resulted in a dream coming true. We are expecting our first child in May after only one attempt with IVF and using one embryo. No one could ask for a better doctor when going through what can be one of the most stressful experiences.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

My wife and I definitely recommend Dr. Zarek. After over a year of trying along with seeing several other doctors, including an unsuccessful IUI attempt at a different clinic, we saw Dr. Zarek at SIRM. We were impressed at her level of personal involvement in our success compared to other clinics where we rarely interacted with our doctor. She has a great approach and demeanor and was always happy to allow me to be present through all of my wife's appointments and to take time to answer any questions from myself or my wife. Knowing we had such a competent and caring doctor allowed us to have a stress free first IVF cycle, which we are are happy to say was successful! Both my wife and I agree that working with Dr. Zarek and her team of nurses at SIRM was the best decision we made on our path to starting our family!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Dr. Shvetha M. Zarek's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Zarek, a St. Louis based, fellowship trained, female Reproductive Endocrinologist, brings 10 years of experience in pregnancy and reproduction. She is lauded by the community for her caring, personable, and detail oriented approach that has helped many St. Louis couples build a family with high success. Dr. Zarek has received numerous patient care, clinical, teaching and research awards for excellence in service. "We at Sher Fertility are proud of our reputation as the premier private fertility center in the region, said Dr. Zarek, of SIRM® St. Louis. “Our model is simple and effective; a caring, truthful, thorough approach that produces high success in a supportive, and communicative environment. We are committed to public service with free fertility preservation for patient with cancer, providing patient-oriented educational seminars and reduced fees for military personnel."

• English
  • Kannada

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 2006)