Dr. Shvetha M. Zarek

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Shvetha M. Zarek

My husband and I ended up at SIRM after nearly 3 years of infertility and 2 different fertility specialists. We were actually referred to another doctor in the practice, but when we went to a New Patient Seminar, Dr. Zarek went out of her way to come up to us afterwards and ask us about our story. I had previously been diagnosed with Diminished Ovarian Reserve, low Progesterone, Endometriosis and blocked Fallopian tubes. We live 3.5 hours away so we conveniently made a telephone appointment and started the process to get IVF underway. During our first appointment, Dr. Zarek gave us her cell phone number and made sure that we knew that we could contact her with any questions we may have at any time. After a consultation with another RE that we had been referred to, I noticed some big differences between that doctor and Dr. Zarek and her office right away. During our phone consult, Dr. Zarek asked us to share a more detailed version of our journey. I think our appointment that day lasted about an hour where as I remember spending 15 minutes with the first RE we went to. During all of our in person appointments, there were never very many people waiting in the waiting room whereas at the other RE's office, my husband and I fought for two seats together. At every appointment we went to, we saw Dr. Zarek. Even my ultrasound monitoring appointments, she did. It gave me a lot of peace to know that she wasn't just reviewing ultrasound photos taken by someone else. Though, the staff at SIRM is great, too! Amanda was my nurse and she was amazing!! We ended up getting pregnant on our first round of IVF (we know how lucky and blessed we are for that to happen) and everyone at the office shared in our excitement. But even more importantly than that, even after the positive test, Dr. Zarek was will there to answer my questions. I remember shortly after finding out I was pregnant, I had a sharp pain after exerting myself a little too much at work and had worked myself into a panic worrying about our baby. I called the office and there wasn't a nurse available at that moment (which honestly doesn't happen very often, there is usually always someone available or they call back within a few minutes). I went ahead and left a message, but also remembered that I had Dr. Zarek's cell phone number so I text her asking if I needed to be concerned. She replied right away easing my panic and I could not have been more thankful for that! We are now 20 weeks pregnant with a perfect baby boy and are so excited! We thank God every day for leading us to Dr. Zarek and her staff!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2018

After struggling with infertility for so long, we decided to see an RE and Dr. Zarek was a friend's recommendation. Best decision we ever made. After our first consultation, which involved only talking about our history and no exam, both myself and my husband felt a huge weight lifted off our shoulders. We KNEW were in good hands. She's a doctor that is there to help you get pregnant. She never seems preoccupied or too busy. She gives you her undivided attention and makes sure you're comfortable with the treatment plan. After one IVF cycle, my husband and I are expecting our first miracle in November and are currently 16 weeks with 5 more embabies frozen. LOVE DR. ZAREK. The only bad thing about getting our miracle is that we don't get to see her again until we want to try for #2.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2018

This is a review I've been waiting to write for a long time and while I will try, I still won't be able to fully express how much I love SIRM and Dr. Zarek. My husband and I came to SIRM last year after failed treatments, a surgery, and very poor communication with two other REs in the area. I had a list of questions a mile long at our consult and she addressed every single one of them in the calm reassuring manner I would come to appreciate on our six month journey to a positive beta. Our first round of IVF did not work out, we were upset and hurt but we knew with my multiple issues that was a possibility. Dr. Zarek again listened to all of my concerns and went over each step and where she felt things went wrong and how we could fix them for the next round. It took us 4 cycles to finally make it to transfer again and through all of my personal frustration, Dr. Zarek was there day or night explaining why we were or weren't doing certain things and why it was never the end of the road, even when it felt like it to me. We finally got our positive test on my husband's birthday and when Amanda called, the whole office was on the phone. For over six months I was at this clinic at least weekly and they became my family and support system through one of the toughest journeys of my life. My ONLY complaint? That Dr. Zarek, Amanda, Stephanie and Lindsey (really everyone) can't be with me on the rest of this journey. Our last appointment before transferring to an OBGYN was definitely the hardest day for me. Highly recommend and she knows we will be back for more :)

flag | Submitted May 16, 2018

Dr. Zarek made my wife comfortable during the process and now we are having a baby. We would not be having a baby without her. She was great and we would absolutely recommend her!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2018

Dr. Zarek is amazing! She talks to you like a friend but you know that she and her staff are making sure that you receive the best medical care. As much as we loved our doc and nurses, our experience was really lacking from lost appointments, a mistake made by the lab, reaching anyone over the phone (EMAIL THEM), and a financial system that was impossible to understand and made us feel really uneasy. We love Dr. Zarek and her team and that is about it. I don’t want to give her a bad rating because she is wonderful and goes above and beyond.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2018

Dr. Zarek was recommended to us by my OBGYN after trying for our second child for over a year. My husband and I knew nothing about infertility or in our case, secondary infertility. Dr. Zarek made everything so easy for us from the beginning. She took the time to get to know us on a personal level, she was always quick to answer any questions and really made us feel she was just as invested in this as we were. The nurses and staff at SIRM are just as great! Nurse Amanda was excellent! She was so quick to respond and help me with questions about medications or test results. My husband and I were lucky enough to have our first transfer be successful and we couldn't be happier to complete our family thanks to Dr. Zarek and SIRM!!

flag | Submitted May 8, 2018

After months of trying and multiple loses, I went to Dr. Zarek for help. She was very knowledgeable, was available to speak to me all the time, answered all my questions, etc. After 7 months of care under Dr. Zarek we finally got the positive along with not miscarrying. Dr. Zarek's office saw me within 3 hours of getting a positive, and it was the weekend. They started tests immediately which made me feel very good that they were watching me so closely. I recommend if you are having fertility issues to please go see Dr. Zarek now. She will only help you, let you know the options and you can decide from there.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2018

I absolutely loved Dr. Zarek. She was always extremely helpful and responded very quickly to any questions and concerns I had even after we left her care. The clinic overall was awesome, except the “financial manager”. She was an absolute nightmare and we ended up almost running out of our budget before even completing one round of IVF since she explained absolutely nothing about the entire process, even when I asked questions. Overall we rated it 5 stars because of Zarek and the fact we got a baby out of it, but probably won’t be returning for future kids simply based on how awful the financial lady made the experience for us.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2018

Dr. Zarek is very patient and personable. She and her staff made me feel like I was part of their family. I came to her after 2 years of not being able to conceive a child naturally. After the assistance of ovulation stimulation medication, I conceived a child right before my 40th birthday. I appreciate what Dr. Zarek and her staff has done for me.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2018

I am so thankful that SIRM and Dr. Zarek were put into our path. After two miscarriages, I felt hopeless. Until I came to SIRM and was embraced with open arms. Dr. Zarek assured me that she would run me through every test possible to see if there was anything causing these miscarriages. She also assured me that she would do everything in her power to ensure we would have a promising future. Was she ever right. Before we could get through all the testing, God blessed us and we became pregnant naturally. Dr. Zarek was by my side the entire time and had genuine passion, compassion, and concern as if she had a stake in this with us. She was genuinely rooting for us. She checked on my pregnancy regularly and got us through the first trimester. I was so nervous and she was so quick to answer any questions I had and kept me informed throughout. She is very personable and I felt like I could talk to her about any concerns. We are currently in the second trimester and are over the moon excited. Thank you for always being by my side through this. I gained not only an amazing doctor, but a friend. The staff was amazing through it all too. Cannot thank her and them enough and highly recommend.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2018

Dr. Shvetha M. Zarek's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Zarek, a St. Louis based, fellowship trained, female Reproductive Endocrinologist, brings 10 years of experience in pregnancy and reproduction. She is lauded by the community for her caring, personable, and detail oriented approach that has helped many St. Louis couples build a family with high success. Dr. Zarek has received numerous patient care, clinical, teaching and research awards for excellence in service. "We at Sher Fertility are proud of our reputation as the premier private fertility center in the region, said Dr. Zarek, of SIRM® St. Louis. “Our model is simple and effective; a caring, truthful, thorough approach that produces high success in a supportive, and communicative environment. We are committed to public service with free fertility preservation for patient with cancer, providing patient-oriented educational seminars and reduced fees for military personnel."

• English
  • Kannada

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 2006)