Dr. Shvetha M. Zarek

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Shvetha M. Zarek

Dr. Zarek and her team were absolutely wonderful! They were extremely supportive throughout the entire process and were great to work with! She always had our best in mind and was with us every step of the way. The staff were also great and all knew me by name very quickly. We were successful on our first round of treatment and couldn’t be happier!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2019

Dr Zarek is hands down the best! She is the second dr I have seen for fertility. Not only is she amazing but the staff!! The moment you walk into the office you feel like everyone there is in this journey with you. That feeling is unexplainable. After our second IUI with Dr Zarek we are successfully pregnant. 9 weeks and counting! She and this office are the reason! My boyfriend and I owe them everything and I cannot wait till we all get to meet our sweet baby! Thank you to Dr Zarek and her team!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2019

After nearly 5 years of infertility, my wife and I decided to take a break. When we reestablished with U of M Reproductive Center, we found that our previous doctor was no longer there. We pleasantly surprised when Dr. Zarek took us on. We were told by our previous doctor that both of us were completely healthy. We spent years confused as to why we weren't having success. Dr. Zarek ran additional tests that had not been done before, and found the issue. She was caring and direct with us when discussing our difficult test results, and presented us with all options available. We were given a very little chance of success regardless of which route we took, but Dr. Zarek, knowing that we likely could not afford IVF, remained positive and offered to help us with IUI. We made a plan with her and jumped right in the following month. We became pregnant on our first IUI attempt, and we couldn't be more excited. Dr. Zarek really cares about her patients. She is ALWAYS available to answer questions. She sent my wife text messages from her vacation to celebrate encouraging test results. After finally becoming pregnant, when we were still in initial shock after so many months of bad news, it was Dr. Zarek who was outwardly happy and excited for us. We will be forever grateful for the attentiveness and enthusiasm Dr. Zarek put into our care.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2019

Dr. Shvetha M Zarek is a blessing in the fertility world. After seeing other doctors with no success, we made an appointment with Dr. Zarek in January 2019. Upon meeting with her, I knew that this time around things were going to be different. She was very welcoming and thorough in her explanation as to what to expect with her in the fertility process. My husband and I have never had an experience with a doctor like you get with Dr. Zarek, I trusted her from Day 1. After the initial rounds of testing were done, we decided to try IUI a couple of times before going to IVF. We had our first IUI in March of 2019 and to our surprise it was successful!! Dr. Zarek has been with us the whole process, checking in to see how I am doing and answering any questions that I may have. Dr. Zarek and the staff at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine and Fertility are phenomenal and we can't thank them enough!!!!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2019

We were trying to have baby for more than 7+ years. We met Dr. Shvetha M Zarek for the first time in December 2018 in Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine and Fertility. On our-first visit itself we were very impressed with Zarek on talking with her about our case, and were very impressed with her on building us with trust and confidence. After taking initial test she suggested us to go for IUI. We got success in our first try itself. We were very thankful for her entire team and in particular RN Jill Karen was very helpful with us timely communicating the information. We were very fortunate to have her in our case to solve our mystery in having baby. Zarek is very friendly, and easy to get along, and very amenable in answering questions. Words are mere the verbal expression of ones thoughts and feelings. But here the words are poor substitute of expressing our deep sense of gratitude towards her unmatchable consultation on our case. We would consider her as one of the best doctor we have ever met in our life time. Both of our families are very happy about our good news. A big thank you for all, and we are truly very blessed for their entire service.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2019

My husband and I chose SIRM for our fertility journey based on a referral and their great reputation. We were definitely not disappointed! I have never been to a friendlier or more helpful doctor's office. I felt like the ladies of SIRM became my friends during our journey. I am so happy that we had Dr. Zarek to guide us through this tough road. My husband and I were one of those "lucky" couples that had no clear reason why we couldn't get pregnant. I was impressed with Dr. Zarek from the start. She was very personable and would talk to you and not over you. She clearly outlined every step of this complicated IVF process and was happy to answer any questions we had. We found her to be a very caring and considerate doctor--she would even text me when she was on vacation to check up on me! To be honest, Dr. Zarek is probably the best doctor I've ever had (in any field). I was impressed that Dr. Zarek and SIRM truly want you to be successful in your fertility journey. My husband and I were successful during our second IVF attempt and I am currently pregnant with our first child. It truly moved me to walk out of a successful ultrasound to find nearly the whole office smiling and waiting for hugs. I cannot speak highly enough of SIRM or Dr. Zarek herself.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2018

My husband and I ended up at SIRM after nearly 3 years of infertility and 2 different fertility specialists. We were actually referred to another doctor in the practice, but when we went to a New Patient Seminar, Dr. Zarek went out of her way to come up to us afterwards and ask us about our story. I had previously been diagnosed with Diminished Ovarian Reserve, low Progesterone, Endometriosis and blocked Fallopian tubes. We live 3.5 hours away so we conveniently made a telephone appointment and started the process to get IVF underway. During our first appointment, Dr. Zarek gave us her cell phone number and made sure that we knew that we could contact her with any questions we may have at any time. After a consultation with another RE that we had been referred to, I noticed some big differences between that doctor and Dr. Zarek and her office right away. During our phone consult, Dr. Zarek asked us to share a more detailed version of our journey. I think our appointment that day lasted about an hour where as I remember spending 15 minutes with the first RE we went to. During all of our in person appointments, there were never very many people waiting in the waiting room whereas at the other RE's office, my husband and I fought for two seats together. At every appointment we went to, we saw Dr. Zarek. Even my ultrasound monitoring appointments, she did. It gave me a lot of peace to know that she wasn't just reviewing ultrasound photos taken by someone else. Though, the staff at SIRM is great, too! Amanda was my nurse and she was amazing!! We ended up getting pregnant on our first round of IVF (we know how lucky and blessed we are for that to happen) and everyone at the office shared in our excitement. But even more importantly than that, even after the positive test, Dr. Zarek was will there to answer my questions. I remember shortly after finding out I was pregnant, I had a sharp pain after exerting myself a little too much at work and had worked myself into a panic worrying about our baby. I called the office and there wasn't a nurse available at that moment (which honestly doesn't happen very often, there is usually always someone available or they call back within a few minutes). I went ahead and left a message, but also remembered that I had Dr. Zarek's cell phone number so I text her asking if I needed to be concerned. She replied right away easing my panic and I could not have been more thankful for that! We are now 20 weeks pregnant with a perfect baby boy and are so excited! We thank God every day for leading us to Dr. Zarek and her staff!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2018

After struggling with infertility for so long, we decided to see an RE and Dr. Zarek was a friend's recommendation. Best decision we ever made. After our first consultation, which involved only talking about our history and no exam, both myself and my husband felt a huge weight lifted off our shoulders. We KNEW were in good hands. She's a doctor that is there to help you get pregnant. She never seems preoccupied or too busy. She gives you her undivided attention and makes sure you're comfortable with the treatment plan. After one IVF cycle, my husband and I are expecting our first miracle in November and are currently 16 weeks with 5 more embabies frozen. LOVE DR. ZAREK. The only bad thing about getting our miracle is that we don't get to see her again until we want to try for #2.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2018

This is a review I've been waiting to write for a long time and while I will try, I still won't be able to fully express how much I love SIRM and Dr. Zarek. My husband and I came to SIRM last year after failed treatments, a surgery, and very poor communication with two other REs in the area. I had a list of questions a mile long at our consult and she addressed every single one of them in the calm reassuring manner I would come to appreciate on our six month journey to a positive beta. Our first round of IVF did not work out, we were upset and hurt but we knew with my multiple issues that was a possibility. Dr. Zarek again listened to all of my concerns and went over each step and where she felt things went wrong and how we could fix them for the next round. It took us 4 cycles to finally make it to transfer again and through all of my personal frustration, Dr. Zarek was there day or night explaining why we were or weren't doing certain things and why it was never the end of the road, even when it felt like it to me. We finally got our positive test on my husband's birthday and when Amanda called, the whole office was on the phone. For over six months I was at this clinic at least weekly and they became my family and support system through one of the toughest journeys of my life. My ONLY complaint? That Dr. Zarek, Amanda, Stephanie and Lindsey (really everyone) can't be with me on the rest of this journey. Our last appointment before transferring to an OBGYN was definitely the hardest day for me. Highly recommend and she knows we will be back for more :)

flag | Submitted May 16, 2018

Dr. Zarek made my wife comfortable during the process and now we are having a baby. We would not be having a baby without her. She was great and we would absolutely recommend her!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2018

Dr. Shvetha M. Zarek's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Zarek, a board certified, fellowship trained, female Reproductive Endocrinologist, brings over10 years of experience in pregnancy and reproduction. She is lauded by the community for her caring, personable, and detail oriented approach that has helped many couples build a family with high success. Dr. Zarek has received numerous patient care, clinical, teaching and research awards for excellence in service.

• English
  • Kannada

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 2006)

Coventry Healthcare