Ratings for Dr. Benjamin L. Clair

If I were to try and explain how knowledgeable, and professional Dr. Clair and his entire staff were this comment would be way too long. Dr. Clair did and ankle replacement on an ankle that had 2 previous surgeries over a 30 year time period. Surgery went great. I'm still in Physical Therapy. Getting better everyday. I would highly and enthusitaclly recommend Dr. Clair for any and all your foot and ankle problems.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2019

Dr. Clair repaired my right ankle in 2012 and when I needed the same procedure in the summer of 2018, I made sure to seek him out in his new practice in the Twin Cities. For both surgeries, he was very patient, thorough with explaining what I needed to have done, and the results have been very successful. I would not only recommend him to others, but if I needed any additional foot/ankle surgery, I would make the effort to travel ( four hours one-way) to obtain his services. In addition, his staff, including Aaron, have been exceptional to work with!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2018

Dr. Clair repaired my heel/ankle at the end of Oct 2016. Very happy with results. He removed excess bone and reattached and repaired couple of tenons. Surgery and followup went well. Everything was explained to me in an easy to understand manner, and his staff we're also great to deal with. very pleased with results. Would recommend.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

After a dislocated ankle and four fractures, Dr. Clair did an excellent repair job. He and his staff were easy to talk to, good at explaining everything, took his time with me during office visits.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2016

Dr. Clair repaired a bunion for me 4 months ago and I regret not having it done much sooner. I walked out of the surgery center with no pain, and had only minimal pain at the most afterward. I am now running again and couldn't be happier. He explains conditions and treatments clearly and pleasantly. Great to work with.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

I've been very please with Dr. Clair's care. I've had various procedure done including foot surgery. The results have been very successful. He always took the time I needed.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

Recommend Dr. B. Clair to everyone who is dealing with foot problems. Great to work with. Office visits, surgery, office visits after surgery the best. Easy to talk to, good at explaining everything, took his time with me during office visits. Surgery very successful.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Great staff and support. Problem evaluated, explained and fixed. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2014

Dr. Clair is a kind surgeon, but he "rushes" through the surgery! I had one foot done with him and I had terrible problems and pain for at least a year after!! I had to have a revision done on the foot by a different surgeon! I would NOT recommend him! He is too quick to take short-cuts at the cost of his patients well being!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2013

Having 2 surgeries for the same condition did not result in my foot being corrected in the least. Had a lot of down time in my personal and work life. Pain is still occuring. The wait times were not acceptable for follow up office visits having waited from at the least 50 mins up to 1.5 hours for a 6 min appt. Very unsatisfied.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2013

Dr. Benjamin L. Clair's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

A Board Certified Foot & Ankle Surgeon, Benjamin Clair, D.P.M., FACFAS, completed his undergraduate degrees in Biology at Bethel University and in Biomedical Science at The Chicago Medical School/Finch University. He completed his medical degree at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science in Chicago, IL. He completed a residency in Foot & Ankle Medicine and Surgery at Hennepin County Medical Center and Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN city hospitals. He has also completed advanced training in foot and ankle trauma through the AO Foundation. Through the Arthroscopy Association of North America, Dr. Clair completed advanced training in foot and ankle arthroscopy. Prior to practicing in the Twin Cities, Dr. Clair had a distinguished practice in Northern Minnesota. Dr. Clair is a Fellow of the American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons. He is Board Certified in Foot Surgery, Rearfoot, Ankle & Reconstructive Surgery by the American Board of Foot & Ankle Surgery. Dr. Clair specializes in disorders and injuries of the foot and ankle. His clinical interests include ankle instability, Achilles tendon disorders, foot & ankle trauma/fracture care, sports medicine injuries, foot & ankle deformities, hallux valgus (bunions) conditions, hallux rigidus (great toe joint arthritis), arthroscopy of the foot & ankle, toe contractures (hammer toe deformities), tendon disorders, foot & ankle arthritis and cartilage repair. He lectures locally and nationally on foot and ankle injuries and pathology. Dr. Clair continues to serve as faculty for industry surgeon training workshops. Additionally, he is an attending surgeon for Twin Cities based Foot & Ankle Surgery residency programs. He has published peer reviewed papers on foot & ankle conditions. Dr. Clair is currently researching Achilles tendon disorders, ankle instability conditions, and foot & ankle reconstructive surgery. Dr. Clair continues to research and train while being engaged with technique development - including less invasive surgery, and innovation in foot & ankle surgery. Dr. Clair appreciates the opportunity to custom-tailor a treatment plan for a patient. He aims to make certain that every patient he encounters feels very well cared for and, moreover, cared about.

• Dr. William M. Scholl College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 2006)

• Broken ankle/broken foot