Ratings for Dr. Richard E. Davis

I had two surgeries with Davis. The first surgery, the rib warped severely causing extreme crooked nose deformity. I went ahead and had a second surgery to fix the warped rib, but my nose is STILL crooked and even. The profiles on each side of my face looks completely different. To make matters worse, I am unable to breathe fully out of one nostril as it is filled up with scar tissue. And I had a retracted nostril from a previous surgeon that he was unable to fix after two surgeries. I spend $30,000 altogether on two surgeries with him and I wouldn;t have paid $2000 for the job he did. I now understand who he truly is because after the second surgery, he treated me terribly and I do not feel comfortable going back to that office. And I do believe he does not accept responsibility for his inept work and looks for ways to blame the patient. Now i see him for who he is and understand that his work may be not as good as some have commented. I will seek to have a revision with an competent surgeon who have fix my crooked nose, retracted nostril and breathing issues once and for all.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Dear Dr. Davis, I am sure you have gotten countless letters thanking you for giving people their confidence back and turning them into their most beautiful self after surgery. I feel this way too but for me this process has meant much more. I want to thank you for being a doctor that has made me feel safe. Thank you for being caring and for being an honest person. The moment I sat down to consult with you, it was as if my worries subsided. You were honest and fair while talking about the surgery and explained all possibilities in regards to the Before meeting with you, I researched and traveled to find a doctor such as yourself. Many surgeons spent 15 minutes with me and were impossible to get into contact with about questions and concerns regarding the surgery. Not one explained cost and insurance options as you did. I knew exactly what I was getting into. Our initial consultation lasted three hours. At that point, you did not know if I was going to schedule a procedure. You the time to take pictures yourself (I have never experienced this), and go over options while explaining the in-depth procedure. I left confident that you were the surgeon for me. You included me every step of the way. After the surgery, you came to my bedside and made me feel cared about. You answered calls when I was home and felt nervous. You followed up with multiple appointments. You explained the progression of healing. After an 8 1/2 surgery, I was bruise feel and with minimal swelling in just three weeks. Your technique is gentle and precise and I can not say how lucky I feel to have you a part of my journey.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2017

First of all this doctor never admits his failures, had rhinoplasty surgery done by him, left me a crooked nose, deviated septum, nostrils contracted and cartilage hanging, he never owed the problem he created. Was told his surgery equals to someone getting out of his residency in Plastic surgery. He had a resident doctor by his side during my surgery. I believe he had that person do the rhino while he watched while I pay for him to do it. Obviously he denies it. Now I will have to spend another 10k to have reputable plastic surgeon correct his mistakes, plus endure pain and suffering from another surgery! BEWARE!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2016

Dr. Davis saved my face. I had a horrible nose job years ago by terrible surgeon who left me with a crooked upturned nose. I had to live with that nose for almost 10 years until I met Dr. Davis. He basically built my nose from scratch. I had no bridge before you he used rib graft to rebuild it. It looks so natural no one can tell I had a rhinoplasty. It is unbelievable! He is an expert and has more than 20 years of experience so don't pay attention to those negative reviews! I can tell a lot of them are fake because they never post pictures and when I try to contact them because I wanna hear about their story and see pictures they never reply. Uhmmm suspicious! The ones that are true are probably crazy patients with unrealistic expectations who will never be satisfied. I know some people who has had several rhinoplasties even though they neever neeeded them and are still unhappy, so please beware pf all the fake reviews! Talk to real people and if there are no pictures then there is no proof! If you want the best fo to Dr. D! He is the only one I would trust. Besides he is one of the sweetest and nicest people I've ever met and really cares about his patients unlike other doctors who just care about money!

Submitted February 24, 2016

I had 2 previous surgeries on my nose. This was my final shot. He corrected the mistakes the other plastic surgeons made. You must do exactly as he says after the surgery or you will not get the best result. Dr Davis is considered one of the best for revisional rhinoplasty in the country. I am lucky I found him.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

I made a revision surgery with dr. davis, and has in no way improved my nose, now i understand why there are so many former patients unhappy.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

Dr. Davis is very nice, but there is no distinguishable difference in my nose. Once the swelling went away it looked the same as it did before. He tends to take pictures right after surgery, so be careful about going with those results. It takes months to see the final result. I am going to Le in Baltimore for another go at it. I'm hoping he can actually build the nose back for me so it isn't crocked and dented and doesn't look like a bad nose job.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

I personally had a very bad experience with this doctor. Therefore are a patient very disappointed and unhappy.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

My primary rhino left me with a deformed nose, I was so embarrassed I basically stayed indoors for more than a yr. I just had my revision with Dr Davis & I am beyond happy, he's a great doctor, confident and friendly. I do recommend Dr Davis, at least have a consultation with him & see the before n afters , he works with a lot of difficult noses. For anyone out there who's feeling helpless, there is hope!! I will always be greatful to Dr Davis.

Submitted August 2, 2015

I had a revision with Dr. Davis in 2015. Dr. Davis rebuilt my entire nose and I can finally state that after multiple surgeries and many years of shame and disheartenment over my nose, I am now truly happy, in fact, ecstatic. This man is a true master of rhinoplasty and I am in love with my new nose and my new look. I feel like my life is finally starting after all these wasted years. Thrilled is an understatement. He is also very compassionate and has excellent bedside manner. Lovely doctor and human being with true gifts.

Submitted July 28, 2015