Ratings for Dr. Andrew M. Steiner

Waited a long time but he took very good care of me

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

After waiting a month for my first appointment with him, Andrew Steiner gave me maybe 5 minutes of his time. I spent an hour in the waiting room because his staff had difficulty verifying my referral. Once I got in there, they took an X-ray of my foot to check for a bone spur. I had already had an X-ray and an MRI recently, and both clearly showed that I didn't have a bone spur. This X-ray was unnecessary and expensive. I told Dr. Steiner that I'd gotten 2 months of physical therapy with no results, but a cortisone shot had remedied the problem for about 5 months until I re-injured my foot training for cross-country. He told me that I shouldn't have gotten the shot because of a ~1% chance of tissue damage, and he prescribed yet another month of physical therapy instead. At one point, he left the exam room abruptly without saying a word, and a few minutes later, a staff member told me that my appointment was over and asked me to leave. I have more grievances, but I'm out of room.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2013

After about 4 months of seeing this doctor for a foot ulcer- every other week, it was still unhealed. I told the doctor for 4 months I was cleaning it with peroxide and alcohol. Another doctor I saw for anothe problem mentioned that this might not be a good idea - it could kill new cells. When I mentioned it to Steiner, that I told him for 4 months I was doing this at every visit, he said, "I guess I wasn't listening to you." So when his staffed called to ask when I didn't call for another follow up, I said, I guess I wasn't listening to THEM. I fired him. He was useless and a waste of money. Additionally, some of his training staff didn't wash their hands before touching my foot.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2013

Dr. Andrew M. Steiner's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 2003)