Ratings for Dr. Juan C. Alzate

Dr Juan is a highly qualified neurosurgeon. As someone who has worked with three other neurosurgeons around the world as a patient Dr. Alzate new eaxctly what needed to be done. His office staff and coordination with the hospital was outstanding I wouldn’t hesitate in a minute to have him perform another surgery or utilize other service is in his office. I can only assume that the few negative reviews that were posted here or as a result of patients who either could not communicate effectively or had unrealistic expectations. Bottom line Dr Alzate and his team are an outstanding group of medical professionals.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2017

I am so thankful to have met Dr. Alzate! He was able to remove over 90% of an "inoperable" brain tumor in my right frontal lobe. Georgia doctors were basically finished with treatment with no other answers. Praise God for putting this Dr. In my journey.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

I am extremely disappointed with the care and feedback of this office. I went with my sister to meet Dr. Alzate and to one other surgeon in the area. She chose Dr. Alzate and had her surgery with him 2 weeks ago. She was doing okay for a few days and then all of a sudden, is in pain much worse than before her surgery. I suggested she call him over the weekend, she did, he said, will get you in right away Monday morning for an MRI. They didn't get her in until Tuesday pm, after they tried to make her wait till Thursday. She was told they would call her with the results and what she should do now. As of now Thursday afternoon, she has received no return call, results, or any feedback what so ever. This is not acceptable to me. No patient should be treated this way and deserves the return call when it was promised. I would not recommend this Doctor to anyone, please go somewhere else. I chose a rating of 1 in each group, but a 1 is actually too high in three of the categories!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2014

Please go to anywhere else. Dr Alzate was arrogant, defensive, and uncommunicative. He actually said, "Well, we are the only neurologists around unless you want go go to Kenosha." I could barely understand him due go his accent and when asked for clarification, he just got snippy with me. In addition, he did not clearly explain anything about the case or follow up. His bedside manner was among the worst I have encountered.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2013