Ratings for Dr. Melanie R. Walter

Very sweet and approachable. Also very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

She has a good personality but I wanted a doctor, not a friend. Her knowledge was sub-par. She could not remember my issues from one visit to the next (after presumably looking at the chart before entering the room) and did not seem to hear or understand me. She dismissed my concerns of clumps of hair falling as nothing to be concerned about. No answers for me. Since I'm a melanoma patient I had to get serious about my health and found a more knowledgeable doctor. My cancer check with her consisted of her glancing at me while I stood up and twirled around, something my husband could do for me. I required a more serious type of care. My new dr took the falling hairs and examined them under a microscope and determined the age of the hairs, giving me theories on what might be the cause. Huge difference! He also examines me on a table under a light to check for melanoma since I'm more likely to have issues with melanoma after being doagnosed before. Huge difference. She was trained at Duke so I assumed she had knowledge but I'm much happier now. I do not recommend her for serious patients.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

As a Roanoke physician, I have had many patients in common with Dr. Walter. They all adore her. She is a fantastic dermatologist, superbly trained and has an excellent bed-side manner.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

Very knowledgable doctor and a great office experience! Was able to get an appointment right away. Dr. Walter was recommended to me by friends and I will continue to recommend to others as well. Made going to a doctor's appointment a pleasant experience.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2013

Wonderful experience! Dr Walter took the time to completely answer all of my questions and her knowledge is second to none! Office is super friendly and always professional. I'm recommending Dr Walter to everyone I know!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2013

I went to two doctors before going to M.Walter. The medicines that I was given before didn’t work. Thought we still are not for sure what caused my skin reaction, the medicines she gave me worked right away you could really tell a difference. Also the insufferable itching was gone within a couple of days! That was a relief in its own. The staff is very nice and the office is decorated in a very beautiful relaxing décor. Very home like and not so office stuffy. Dr. M. Walker is a very nice and shows genuine concern for her patients.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2013

Dr. Melanie R. Walter's Credentials

• University Of Arizona College Of Medicine (Grad. 2005)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Roanoke, VA