Ratings for Dr. Thomas W. HUFF

I had googled this doctor's name because my husband was referred to him by the VA for an opinion on a hip replacement. My husband is a severely injured Iraq war combat veteran. The only thing I recall initially from the appointment (having been there with my husband for support - but now, I will always be present as a witness now) is him seeming to be concerned with his Starbucks cup in hand, did not seem to really offer any good reasons for denying a hip replacement other than age (however record also states due to OA). Even if my husband now were to be authorized a hip replacement by this doctor, based on other reviews, I would go elsewhere, but first and foremost of all, because of this doctor's demeanor and attitude. Dr. Huff is arrogant and does not make anyone in the room feel comfortable, does not care about how injuries happened, and to make a grown man like my husband cry and not explain anything and just sit there... I agree, he probably makes a better textbook professor than an actual practicing doctor. He obviously made an impression on me and to treat a veteran, nonetheless a combat veteran, the way he did, is inexcusable. This doctor needs some real world experience instead of hiding behind his Starbucks cup.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

Dr Huff was arrogant and very uncomfortable to be around! No bedside manner. I was so disappointed. I waited months for this??? I felt no trust! He didn't spend appropriate time with me. It was as if i was a waste of his time. His PA sent more time with me then he did. Nurse was sweet. Front desk was great. My son had knee surgery with Dr Brady and she was amazing! I will be going elsewhere for a second opinion. Btw this is my first bad experience at OHSU. However worthy of a rating when you are made to feel like your a waste of time.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Dr. Huff did a total knee replacement on my left knee in March of 2016. Dr. Huff does the replacement with help from a specialized MRI. I returned to the office a few times with pain on the outside on my knee and for follow ups. They xrayed and said all looked fine and it would just take time. Almost a year later I went to a different doctor for an opinion for the pain on the outside of the knee. Turns out my replacement is not lined up properly. I am sure Dr. Huffs P.A. could see this on the X-rays and never said a thing when I went to see him concerning the pain last July. Do your research and read all reviews and don't let this happen to you. I now have live with this pain. I definitely do not recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

I am a professional dancer and was diagnosed with hip dysplasia at age 30 and was referred to Dr. Huff. He treated me as an individual, spent time gaining an understanding of my goals for the outcome of surgery, and patiently answered my list of questions at each appointment until I felt clear. I was very specific with my concerns about how surgery would inevitably affect my career and he very clearly laid out my options. Surgery went well and I am now pain free and back to dancing. I had kept a blog about my experience for my friends and family to stay up to date with my progress and at my 6 month follow up appt,was surprised to learn that Dr Huff had been reading it as well. I was very proactive about gaining my own knowledge of the procedure and in my recovery. I felt Dr Huff was proactive in learning and trying to work with my goals, needs and circumstance.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2014

Very pleasant, smart, very knowledgeable, questionable skill or too young and inexperienced or busy and tired to do a meticulous job. Bad outcome. Probably a great professor but I would probably not recommend as a surgeon based on my own experience.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2013

I went to see Dr. Huff for injuries that happened from a botched Knee replacement from another surgeon. Dr. Huff blew me off. Afterwards I realized I had hit the "White wall of silence" again for the third time. Dr. Huff is only concerned with his career and protecting colleagues not with helping patients. He lacks ethics and integrity. Is this the kind of doctor you want to entrust your healthcare too? Patients be aware and informed.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2011

Dr. Thomas W. HUFF's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)