Ratings for Dr. Joan Z. Choper

This woman leaves you sitting in waiting room for 2 hours....then in treatment room for another hour. Obviously her time is more important than yours is. Princess Choper is arrogant, useless and nasty . I take medications for pain and other things, she refuses to fill meds to help you. I thought doctors take an oath to help people? Its obvious she couldn't care less about you. She's just billing the insurance company and making $$$$$$$. I wouldn't bring my pets to her, let alone recommend her to anyone! She should be ashamed of herself, she has the "Dr." title in front of her name so she believes she can treat people like they are beneath her. STAY AWAY!!!!!!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

I have been going to this doctor for a while. First seeing her in a group practice in Lakewood and now in Whiting. I hate going to the doctor but I like her because she does not sugar coat anything you are expecting her to say. She is concerned for your health, and that is why I will stay with her no matter where she goes. She is the one that tells me how it is and doesn't give up on me. Sometimes I need that "kick in the pants" to make me see what I am doing. Dr J Choper has been a great asset over the years and I hopefully will continue to see her. Her staff is great also as they treat me like a patient should be treated helping me when and where I need get information or treatment for my current medical status.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2012

I saw this Doctor for over 20 years and chose to keep her as my primary care Doctor even though she moved to different locations over the years, Brick, Beachwood, Lakewood, both locations and when she moved to Whiting I made an appointment to see her in her new location and she refused to help me. I saw her monthly due to the medication I was taking and she dropped me as a patient. This was the most horrible experience and I felt so betrayed. I could write more but the damage has been done and I would not recommend her to anyone due to the damage and pain she has caused me.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2011

I hate having to go there for a physical and be confined in a very small room (dirty and outdated) with a bunch of sick people. If you weren''t sick when you went there, you can be assurred you will be in a few days. The waiting time for a regular physical exam appt. can be long. By then, you forget what you went there for. She also gives out NO medicine samples. Her staff leaves a bit to be desired but she is a WONDERFUL DOCTOR and human being!!!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2008

Dr. joan Choper is a great caring doctor who is over worked and she has your best interest but the office in which she works could use a great deal of improvement. It is difficult to get through the front lines in order to contact her.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2008

waiting time was 2 hours for appt., waiting room is dirty, carpet filthy, no cable t.v.--constant playing of video movies, ac was set at 65 degrees.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2007

She was very informative, taking time to discuss issues.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2006

Joan Choper is a great doctor. She's helped me get my life back together.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2006

This so call doctor. saw my mother for 5 years. The followed up with her every three months for her BP. When my mom began not feeling well and she did not know what it was she told my mom that "if there was anything really wrong with her she would be dead by now" With that I moved her to a new primary and since then has been diagnosed with breast cancer. The mass was over 2cm in size.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2006

Dr. Joan Z. Choper's Credentials

• Albany Med Coll, Albany Ny 12208 (Grad. 1984)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Whiting, NJ