Ratings for Dr. Karen Saeger

These reviews are amazing. My young son saw dr. Saeger in 2012; she then asked that my husband, my son and I come in for therapy; next, she asked that my.husband and I see her alone; finally, she told us that there were conflicts within our relationship that.could be worked through with individual therapy. After a few sessions, it became clear that she was breaking confidentiality and pitting my husband and me against each other! Thank god we got out when we did. This woman is a fraud.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

I wish I had researched this site before hiring Dr. Saeger. I am not surprised that she was "fined and cited for breaching confidentiality" by the Board of Psychology (it has now expired so it no longer shows up as a citation, which she was fined for and had to pay $2,000: "Unprofessional Conduct and Breach of Confidentiality". We saw her in 2013 for quite a while. My wife felt there was something wrong with her, but I didn't see it. Until it was too late. She turned our oldest child against us, created a lack of trust where there had been none between my wife and me, and altogether hurt our family instead of helping our family. The several times I met alone with her, at her insistence that we all meet alone with her, I even felt that she was flirting with me. We finally called it quits with her. We wasted a lot of valuable time and money with Dr. Saeger. Of course people have had good experiences with her - but I would not risk your relationships with her. I see that mine is the third destructive encounter with here here just on this site.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

My family had a very different experience from the one posted by another reviewer. I'm really surprised, too; we're one of those families with several spouses, ex-spouses, stepparents, step-siblings, half-siblings, not to mention grandparents, plus the family court & several different insurance companies to answer to. We were super vulnerable to misunderstandings/violations of confidentiality. Dr. Saeger met with various combinations of most of us at one time or another & no ever felt that she was anything but scrupulous about the rights of each person. (Even the exes & the teenagers felt like she safeguarded their privacy!) Seeing her was the best thing we ever did; we sorted out family boundaries, resentments, and loyalty problems, learned how to negotiate, how to talk with each other, how to have fun again.(Misdiagnosis? You're so angry, I suspect not. Spend some time looking at yourself rather than taking to the internet to trash Dr.S. I'm guessing it would be more productive.)

flag | Submitted July 8, 2013

Dr. Saeger, tragically, was highly unprofessional in her work with my spouse and I. Breaching confidentiality, working with one without first acquiring permission from the other, right down to misdiagnosis, she caused tremendous harm. We sought help from her for our marriage, but instead recieved harm. Though warm and pleasant, her unprofessional conduct was ruinous.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2012

Dr. Saeger is exceptionally bright, intuitive/attuned and clearly has years of training and experience. She is able to engage even resistant spouses. She offers perceptive, helpful feedback, and has a special talent for creating an environment where even painful subjects can be discussed and resolved without shame or defensiveness. I've seen many therapists, before Dr. Saeger, I only wish I had been referred to her years ago!

flag | Submitted April 7, 2012

this therapist has been fined and cited for breeching confidentiality. please check her license with the california board of psychologists.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2011