Dr. Delbert Williamson

Ratings for Dr. Delbert Williamson

My first visit, I was very impressed, the doctor did an in depth exam and the staff is very friendly,but a regular cleaning ended up almost costing me a lot of money. If you go because the Byrd Dental Group is part of your dental insurance, you may be ripped off. My entire family was informed we needed root and scaling! This would not be covered by our insurance and a regular cleaning could not be done. Our out of pocket for each family member averaged $1,200! I was scared to think I could be having serious problems with my teeth, but my child too! We decided to get another opinion and go back to our family dentist who doesn't participate in insurance plans. We received a basic cleaning and NONE of us rated below a 3/4 on the gum scaling meaning we didn't have Periodontal Disease. Had to go by my family dentist today to pick up whiting gel and was told 2 other young women came in from Byrd Dental after being told the same thing and they didn't have Periodontal Diease either!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013

Reading the post below I was a little shocked because my experience was just the opposite. My boyfriend had seen Dr. Williamson a few weeks prior to my appointment and had commented on how professional and knowledgeable he was, the staff was very friendly and the office was very clean. Upon my appointment I had the same positive experience. I was the last appointment of the day, but Dr. Williamson spent plenty of time explaining my diagnosis. I have never had a dentist do such a thorough exam, even checking my lymph nodes. Dr. Williamson seemed to be very knowledgeable about medical terms while discussing my medical history. He explained how modern dentistry under scientific research is linking medical problems with your dental problems. My family has been looking for a good dentist for over a year and we have all agreed, Dr. Williamson will be our Dentist.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2013

This was the estimate. worst dentist EVER! doesn't explain anything. spends about 3 minutes with you and lets his assistants do just about everything. I got two other opinions who said I didn't need any of the work he recommended.I would have spent more in one week than I'VE DONE for the rest of my life! STAY FAR AWAY!! He has his own machine that makes crowns in the office so obviously he will say that EVERYONE needs new crowns to pay for this new "toy"!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2012