Ratings for Dr. Allen Chiang

In spite of my having ocular cancer, Dr. Chang has done an outstanding job in maintaining my vision at 20/20.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2019

Dr. Chiang is exceptional. Not only skilled as a surgeon, but very calming. This was very helpful as he guided my husband through some challenging vision problems. We were very satisfied.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2018

I was referred to Dr Chaing for laser surgery due to a small retinal tear in my right eye. My regular opthamologist Scoot Huggler found the tear at 5PM on Monday and I was able to see Dr Chiang Tuesday AM at 9. Dr Chaing did some rather deep and thorough scan of my eye and found severe swelling of my optic nerves. He, no fewer than 6 times asked me to look him in the eye and promise him that, post laser surgery, that I will go directly to an emergency room with the paperwork he was to give me, and get a brain scan. I follwed his orders and got a brain scan which revealed an approximately 2.5 X 1.75" meningioma brain tumor over my right optic nerve, as well as excessive pressure in my brian affectingmy optic nerves. This was something that I really had experienced no symptoms from yet. The laser surgery to repair the retinal tear went without a hitch and my tumor removal also went perfectly. I found myself in the ICU after an 11 hour and 32 minute tumor removal surgery, done by Dr. ORourke at St Lukes Hospital, 801 Ostrum Street, Bethlehem, Pa with all of my thought process, speech, dexterity and balance (as far as I could tell) intact. I was home by 1PM on day 4 after the tumor removal. Ultimately Dr Chiang recognized what he saw and literally was instrumental in saving my life. Post Surgical visits to Dr Chiang showed that my eye health is dead center of the normal range, my floater is gone and at this past Friday's appointment, I crusehd an eye exam with a 20/20 result. I highly recommend Dr. Chiang for any care related to your eyes !! Thank you Sir for your diligent efforts !! And also, Please thank and share this review with your staff, their kind words and prayers were truly heartfelt. You all are running a compassionate, quality business. Keep up the great work !! Sincerely, William C Herbst Jr.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2018

Dr. Allen Chiang's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2005)

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.