Ratings for Dr. Michael J. Cox

My mother had fallen and broken her arm. Dr Cox was the surgeon on call. He wanted to send my mother home with pain meds. After me and my brother explained that our mother was in severe pain, he finally admitted her and did surgery on her arm. She later had to go to UMC in Jackson to have the surgery re-done. The surgeon in Jackson stated that he did not understand why Dr. Cox did what he did and basically revised all of what he did. I know that all patients are different but I personally would not recommend him especial after what the other orthopedic surgeon said about his work.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

All I can say is horrible horrible horrible. I was going through a traumatic surgery this MD had the audacity to tell me that it was not that bad and that my recovery should not be this long. My knee was smashed and had to be totally reconstructed. After 4 weeks he acted like I should be up and about and would not even discuss concerns with me. He left the room multiple times and when he returned he was in what seemed like another world while I spoke about my concerns. What professional does that? Please avoid this MD. He does not seem concerned about his patients welfare. I hated to change MDs but I'm the long run I am sooooo glad I did. It made a world of difference

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

Following surgery, Dr. Cox did not even to come in to explain the surgery. The nurses questioned why I needed crutches. When I woke up, I was handed a sheet of papers and sent home within 10 min of me being awake. I had to rely on my neighbor who is a PT. to give me instructions as simple as walking on crutches. During the follow up appointment with Dr. Cox, he explained the procedure, and I quote "will you excuse me" walked out and never came back. This guy should be avoided. I would not recommend a pet to him, much less a human.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2015

Would not recommend Dr. Cox to anybody. He is a very rude Dr. and besides that he messed up my foot in surgery.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

Don't recommend this guy. He is young, arrogant, and bad bedside manner. I don't know how he is still practicing. All the other MDs in this clinic are great but this MD is less than mediocre.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015