You may also like

Ratings for Dr. J. Patrick Johnson

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

flag | Submitted September 13, 2015

My doctor referred me to Dr. Johnson when pain medication and epidural injections were no longer effective. He told me that Dr. Johnson was an excellent, highly skilled neurosurgeon and that he would do surgery only if it was absolutely necessary and if it could help me. I had multiple serious back issues including scoliosis, spinal stenosis, spondylolisthesis, multi level degenerative disk disease, and other structural problems that caused constant pain and limited my walking. After my first visit to see Dr. Johnson I felt confident in his expertise and his ability to decide on the proper operative approach. I am now two months post surgery and have only praise for this outstanding doctor. I have none of the pain that I experienced before surgery, can now walk with ease, and can hardly believe my eyes when I look in the mirror and see a strong, straight and healthy person looking back at me. Dr. Johnson gave me a second chance at life and I shall always be grateful to him.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2014

I went into surgery with one problem, and left with the same problem plus several more. Johnson's inability to listen and his arrogance when confronted with anything less than a desired outcome are well-documented here, but I’ll add my frustration with the many voicemail-is-full messages My experience was disastrous, especially shocking in light of the so-called “prestige” with which Patrick Johnson has been anointed. Why so many doctors, including my own, recommend him eludes me. I have a neurological disorder about which he was unfamiliar and uninterested. When I tried to explain, he called it irrelevant. "There's a fire here, we gotta put it out." Only he didn't. In time, I learned just how relevant that aspect of my surgery was, and how different an outcome there could've been had he possessed even the slightest bit of intellectual curiosity. In fact, had he merely taken the time to google it, I might be walking today.

Submitted July 3, 2014

Dr. Johnson is quite frankly one of the best doctors I have ever been to (and I've been to quite a few in my 33 years). He had to fix a problem that a previous neurosurgeon made which required a very invasive and sensitive surgery. The spinal cord is a tricky thing, and when the surgery didn't go quite as well as planned, you could see the disappointment on his face. But now that I am months out from my last surgery, I can see that the surgery he performed righted so many of the problems that were previously there and I am beyond grateful that he was my surgeon! I was in the hospital for 6 weeks (5 of those were spent in acute rehab) and he constantly checked on me. His presence and knowledge reassured me. Maybe you have to wait a bit when you're in his office, but what do you expect when you are seeing one of the top rated neurosurgeons in the world? I'll gladly wait an extra half hour to see this doctor.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr. J Patrick Johnson came highly recommended both from friends(former patients) and physicians. His explanation of my problem was very clear and he recommended the simpler of the two possible courses of action that could have been taken - which is what I wanted to hear. The surgery was uneventful, out of hospital in day and a half, out to brunch 3 days later. Only required to return for one post op visit. Have recommended him to others for similar surgery. Their experiences were similar. He is known to run late for appointments but I did not have that experience.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

I am so grateful to Dr. Johnson's for his medical care and surgical expertise. I was experiencing unrelenting pain in my right scapular area that radiated down my right arm into my hand. After being diagnosed with bone spurs that were compressing on my spinal nerves at levels C6-7 and C 7- T 1 and trying nonsurgical interventions I consulted with Dr Johnson. Through research I learned he is top in his field and conservative in his approach, meaning unnecessary surgery would not be performed. In February dr,Johnson performed a posterior spinal foraminotomy/laminotomy. Within 5 weeks I had my life back and was 95 percent pain free. 3 months later I am almost 100 percent pain free. Dr. Johnson and his staff were always available and responsive to my needs. I highly recommend

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

My experience with Dr. Johnson was amazing. When I found out that I required spine surgery, I wanted someone that I could trust. Dr. Johnson conveyed a level of confidence that was reassurring to me. His communication skills were another great attribute that gave me confidence that he was the right surgeon for me. My surgery was a success and I am grateful for Dr. Johnson and his care.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2014

Very disappointed! He kept me waiting over an hour. Since I had to go back to work I asked the nurse if he could see me right away. A few minutes later he came into the room and was not friendly. He brought an associate with him who he introduced me to as a possible physical therapist. The appointment was brief and a waste of my time and money. I later received a bill for both doctors. I was upset because I was not given a choice if I wanted to be introduced to the guy. I complained and they waived the second invoice. There are many good caring doctors out there so I would absolutely not recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2012

Was told he was the best. Had two appointments. The first, i arrive at 9 to check in for an 11 apptment. Waited 4 hours until someone on his staff told me that has was out of town and had been out of town for several days. Why they could not tell me when i checked in or have called me to save a drive from the OC to beverly hills. The second time. Waited another 4 hours to see him once. Was asked to stay while he looked at some film. 6 hours later his associate returned stating that dr. johnson had decided i might be a candidate for an experimental procedure that i qualified for as long as could pay a five digit bill in cash as it was not an approved procedure. Neither he nor his assistant would provide any details about the procedure. Was billed for both appointments.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2011

Dr. J. Patrick Johnson's Credentials

• Or Hlth Sci Univ Sch Of Med, Portland Or 97201 (Grad. 1986)

Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Do you value your life? Mr. J. Patrick Johnson does not! He should not be allowed to work in a butcher shop, but he does."

February 3, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "This man is as bad as a person can be, he has taken my life away. Please just read all his ratings."

September 13, 2015
  • First Name changed from "J Patrick" to "J. Patrick"

February 28, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=30788'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 5.0

February 5, 2014