Ratings for Dr. Bruce M. Vrooman

This Dr only has time to be just only a visual dr. He has his PA do the questioning and doesnt take time to read your whole file ahead for a first time patient. He doesn't sit down at appt. He only said..yes, I do do a small operational procedure but not on you. Have a Happy New Year and waved going out door. PA was rude and treated me as another drug addict and gave me brochure on going to rehab. I have been turned down for operations from three other hospitals in pain management and one out of state. They said im too high risk due to my bad heart and lungs..multiple health problems. Also im allergic to the injections and im on two blood thinners and at risk with injections for stroke. I saw on my upsetting way out from my appt..a board highlights with big red written on each time for appts...ON TIME, ON TIME. I was put on narcotics five years ago for chronic pain and high risks for operations. I wanted a surgeon to at least try to operate on my back. I hear about many new operations with only small incision and how great Cleveland clinic is supposed to be. I didnt even get a referral, only to rehab. I fostered and adopted many drug exposed from birth childrens and I have hated drug addicts. I didn't put me on narcotics. I cant help if by just looking at me you only see a 65 yr old lady with a walker with leg braces under pants and pain patches dr ordered under my shirt. I dont look anything but older. Pa told me..your pain patch is not even in the right place it should be. Id like him to be as handicapped as I am and try himself to put a very sticky pain patch on on his back, from his self standing forward. PA was insulting and commented that its very odd your nowww dr wont continue to do me still and my files and dr letter said..its due to my insurance but that im a outstanding good patient just to find another dr to continue with my care and rxs for my pain management for the quality of my life. PA said he noted I sat by myself without any trouble. Funny...nurse was only one there who seated me in chair. PA said you can walk and why do you have walker before he even checked under my pants for leg braces. I have spinal stenosis and two discs that are out from an injury. I have boney island on spine with discs out. I had three drs make me have a walker to use daily. One hospital sent me home with rx for walker and dr wrote on state form..she needs for rest of life. Dr said to me right away..we dont do opiates here. All I needed was a surgeon referral and or a thorough dr to continue my care. Instead I got a dr PA who was very rude and only visual trained in pain management and a first time appt with a dr who didnt have time to sit one minute to talk to me about my problems but could recommend rehab in a brochure to me and oh..a Happy New Year.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

If you just want pain meds, then choose another doctor. He helped me immeasurably after a serious car accident. Using a variety of non-narcotic strategies, I was able to keep working and enjoy a good quality of life. He is up to date on the newest treatments, answers all questions and is very nice.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

Seemed very rushed but promised there were many options to address my pain. After injections, I called several times with questions as pain was worse, was quickly brushed off and told to bring them to my next appointment. At the next appointment he peaked his head in the door and said 'that didn't help? Well I can't help you.' And was gone! I got copies of my records to take to a real doctor, and they stated we had all kinds of conversations we did not have. At that point I checked reviews online, and see I could have saved myself a lot of time and money if I would have checked the internet about him first.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

Dr. Vrooman was unwaveringly adamant in his determination to NEVER prescribe Opiate based pain medication. Much of the “information” he said to me was so blatantly incorrect that it was hard for me to believe he was a trained M.D. My situation/problems made no difference at all & were truly of no interest to him. This went far beyond him never prescribing opiates; this went to extremely poor quality medicine & patient care. Simply; it appeared that his ONLY concern was to inflict his jaded opinions, self-interest, & prejudice of prescription pain patients onto the desperate people who come to him for help; and he does this without regard to the patient’s particular issues. He did not listen at all; his mind seemed so filled by his own ego & self-interest. As a final thought, he spoke much of performing numerous “procedures” on me over the coming months & years. This had all the earmarks of a “Profit Center” rather than a patient care facility at the World renowned CLEVELAND CLINIC!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

Dr. Bruce M. Vrooman's Credentials

• Eastern Virginia Medical School (Grad. 2003)

Ameritas