Ratings for Dr. Nikole A. Ostrov

Tactless and incompetent. As a female I would think she'd be more gentle, but she's rough and unapologetic. Go to a doctor who is educated and knows what they're doing, what they're talking about and one who listens to their patients instead of making assumptions. She's horrible.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2018

I was optimistic at first because of how thorough Dr. Ostrov was in my initial appointment. However, she then proceeded to incorrectly attribute my pelvic pain to depression (it was the other way around, as being in constant pain can be depressing), and told me that I must be in so much pain because of feelings of buried sexual trauma (what??). Um, no, it was the endometriosis, not imaginary trauma. She was regularly dismissive, aloof, and downright insulting during subsequent appointments, and talked to me like she thought I was an idiot. She couldn't have cared less about my condition or treatment, and I was happy to find a new doctor who didn't ignore me.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

She's very disrespectful and in my opinion, incompetent as a doctor. On a second visit she told me she didn't remember who I was and asked to tell her again what the problem was. I found her manner was very demeaning. I do not feel comfortable when seeing GYN doctor and she made me feel even more uncomfortable by the way she talked to me like I didn't know anything. She stressed how young I was, maybe that made her talk to me like I was a little girl. I was 28. I was very shocked by the questionnaire they made me fill out before I could see her. It had several pages of very explicit sexual questions. I understand how sometimes sexual issues can have something in common with gynecological problems, but that questionnaire just went too far into too many details. She also was wrong about the reason of my symptoms even though I had tests done to show I didn't have the problem she thought I had. I went to a different doctor later who gave a correct diagnosis.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2012

Nikole was very attentive and comforting. She did everything possible to make my visit as pleasant as possible. Definitely recommended.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2011

Dr. Nikole A. Ostrov's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Ostrov is a fellowship trained obstetrician/gynecologist with a subspecialty in minimally invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery. She believes in a comprehensive approach to women's health care and has a special interest in treating pelvic pain, abnormal uterine bleeding, fibroids and endometriosis. As a patient advocate, Dr. Ostrov is dedicated to a multidisciplinary and multimodal approach to treating and preventing disease. Dr. Ostrov has won multiple awards for both her surgical and teaching skills and has been praised for her exceptional bedside manner. Prior to joining the practice, she was formerly the Chief Resident as well as an assistant clinical instructor in Obstetrics and Gynecology at SUNY Stony Brook University Medical Center. She is currently a Clinical Instructor at NYU Langone Medical Center. Dr. Ostrov is involved in many national and international health organizations, including the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, International Pelvic Pain Society and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Among her many research interests, Dr. Ostrov has presented on the role of diet and genetics in women's health issues and the prevention of post-operative complications.

• English