Ratings for Dr. Kirstina M. Olson

EXCELLENT DOCTOR. YOU WILL DO EXCEPTIONALLY WELL WITH DR. OLSON. YOU WILL WALK AGAIN. A+++++++++++...! I cannot express my appreciation for Dr. Olson enough...no words. Dr. Olson is a Warrior Woman.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2019

I am very thankful and grateful Dr Olson was recommended to me. From my first visit ,then total ankle ankle replacement and follow up visits,she is remarkable. Her staff along with everyone at the UCSF facilities I have come in contact with throughout this have been the most knowledgeable and thoughtful individuals anyone could ask for. Getting me pain free and doing things I've not done in years is all her doing. She's the BEST.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2019

Dr. Olson is my hero! She helped me with an arthritic talus injury and arthritis for years until surgery was my last resort if I was ever to walk without pain again. I'm a year out with 5 screws in a fused joint and the entire process was as good as it could possibly be. She is an excellent surgeon, kind person and her support staff and follow-up is beyond excellent. I am walking pain free again, starting to climb hills and will be forever grateful to Dr. Olson for all she and UCSF have done for me.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2018

I had an ORIF surgery under Dr. Olson. I'm a full time student and was so nervous about not being able to complete my semester. Under her care, I healed ahead of schedule, always had someone to call if there were any issues, and havent had any issues since!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2018

After 2.5 years of increasingly painful and eventually debilitating issues with my foot and after having been turned away by a local orthopedist and a podiatrist specializing in foot and ankle procedures, my new family physician referred me to Dr. Olson. By the end of our first visit it was clear to me that I was in the care of a true healer, a physician who saw and treated the whole person. From the first moments she earned my complete trust both as a surgeon and a human being. In every encounter she was unhurried, compassionate, empathic, careful and thorough, and spoke/described everything in a layperson's language. Mine was a long and complicated surgery to rebuild my foot. Months in bed, splint, casts, and boot insisted on a patient recovery and rehabilitation. Last week, I observed the first anniversary of the surgery by walking with my wife and dog nearly two miles pain free. Dr. Olson's staff is superlatively skilled, quite available, and very caring. Amy, her Physician's Assistant always responded to me or my PT in a timely and helpful way. It is anything but hyperbole to proclaim that Dr. Olson gave me back my life. At 72 I faced a challenging, exceedingly limited future. At 73 I walk, spend four days each week in the gym, and soon I will return to cycling. Dr. Olson's skillful care restored my life. I am beyond grateful.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2018

Dr. Olson did an excellent job on my foot. 3 tendons, 2 bones. Aside from appreciating a successful outcome, Dr. Olson was clear, kind and competent, and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend her.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2018

Dr. Olson is an amazing surgeon! I was born with an extra bone in my arch which was causing extremely painful tendonitis, and causing my already flat foot to essentially collapse. She transformed my foot from a collapsing, painful, extremely flat foot, to an upright, pain-free normal foot (removed accessory navicular bone and performed calcaneal osteotomy). I had several other opinions from other Dr's and am so grateful I chose Dr. Olson to perform my surgery. Dr. Olson and her entire staff at UCSF are extremely professional and have provided me with excellent care during the surgery (3 nights in the hospital!) and throughout the post-op period. I have had little pain due to the advanced pain management techniques they use, and no complications! I highly recommend Dr. Olson!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2018

Dr Olson is very professional and knowledgeable she performed surgery on my left ankle(bone spur and Achilles repair, Zero pain since the surgery, I have not felt like this good for years, well run office thanks to Eugenia and NP Amy

flag | Submitted April 22, 2017

Always a pleasure interacting with Dr. Olson. UCSF continues to provide the best in cutting edge treatment with an understanding of what the patient is experiencing.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

Dr. Olson provided me with outstanding care for a severely broken ankle that was further complicated by torn ligaments and a shattered bone. She inspired confidence at every step of the way from pre-op to surgery to post-op to physical rehabilitation. I am especially grateful for her innovative post-operative pain management that spared me the agony others have experienced after the anesthesia wears off.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

Dr. Kirstina M. Olson's Credentials

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)