Ratings for Dr. Gary R. McDonald

The only reason I didn't put a score of 5 for the staff is because some of them can occassionally be a bit on the rude side. Besides that Dr. McDonald gets 5's across the board! I love him, he's really a great Dr and person. He's also very knowledgeable

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

I really appreciate Dr McDonalds knowledge and personality. He is more than willing to take his time and listen. He is perfect in my opinion. My only complaint is his gatekeeper that answers the phone. She will not take the time to listen and never calls back when she says she will.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

Dr. McDonald is by far the most concerned and knowledgable doctor I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. His staff reflects his competence and kindness.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2011

Gary has been my doctor for about 15 years now and I can't imagine going anywhere else. Several years ago I was bitten by a spider. The local ER sent me home with benadryl!! I armed myself with info from the web and went to see Gary. He immediately put me in the hospital and reeled off 10 of the 11 procedures recommended from WebMD. I showed him my information and he said he knew of the 11th, but I didn't need it. Then he noted the authors and mentioned he went to school with them and ate dinner at their house the week before. I thought he was good before that, but then I thought he was a miracle worker. I'd change insurance before I'd change doctors.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2009

Ditto to all the previous comments. There is no other doctor like him. I just wish he could be cloned and am glad he is young and will outlive me.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2009

A class act. His bedside manner is unbelievable, He acts like he would let you talk all day unlike the usual "in and out" doctors.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2009

I have been seeing Dr. McDonald for the last 15 years and he is one of the best if not the best MD in this town for internal medicine. He takes time to listen to your concerns and formulates a plan for your care that is individualized to your needs and your concerns. Trying to get through on the telephone to his office is a little daunting but I would not trade him for anyone else in this town.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2009

I live in Boston after living in Nashville my entire life. Going to doctors here really make me appreciate Dr. Mcdonald even more than I did while living there. He takes personal care in me, and I am sure in everyone else. He is the ONLY doctor I trust fully.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2009

Dr. Mcdonald is a fantastic doctor..He always listens and figures out what the problems are...He and his staff are the best I've ever seen...I've lived in three other states and have never had the care and professionalism that Dr. Mcdonald has given to my husband and I..I feel very fortunate to have him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2009

Best doctor in the state of Tennessee!!!! Bedside manner is awesome. This man truly cares about his patients!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2007

Dr. Gary R. McDonald's Credentials

• Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)