Ratings for Dr. Joseph Blythe

So 10 weeks ago I started my journey with Dr. Blythe at Expert Spine Care in Nashville, TN on Charlotte Ave. 615-329-0333. I am giving you these details just in case you or someone you know is hurting as bad as I was and didn't know where to turn. In 2007 I was in chronic pain and after waiting 5 years I finally knew I had to have something done. In Florida I had a procedure done on my neck in which a plate was placed c4,5 and c5,6. My pain started resurfacing about 4 or 5 years ago and steadily got worse. I couldn't pick anything up not even a gallon of milk with either hand. It hurt to raise my arms and forget about trying to find a comfortable position to sleep in. So when I had to leave my job in January because of the pure inability to perform my tasks, I started doing some research. A lot of YouTube videos. I called Laser Spine Institute and explained my situation they said they could not help me. Well then I came acrossed Dr. Blythe's name set up appointment. Before the first appointment he sent me to Premeir Radiology for x-rays of my neck and lower back. Dr. Blythe asked me of the 2 areas which do I feel I need taken care of first? The neck of course. My surgery was scheduled as out patient even thou I stayed overnight for observation. Which He called me in my room to check on me that evening. He never promised me to pain free or that the revision surgery he explained would be without its risks. I am 53, heavy smoker, a cardiac care patient and over weight. I agreed to quit smoking to have the best chance possible. Now I am 10 weeks post op and had my x rays and office visit which showed a complete success with the fusion. He removed my plate and put what he called cage material. So from C1 thru T2, I only have 3 spots that won't be fused. I went thru 6 weeks of a neck brace, physical, occupational and speech therapy to strengthen my neck muscles. I litterally had no pain after the 3rd day which really wasn't the pain I was used to it was more like discomfort. Today I am pain free full use of my hands and arms. I can turn my head from side to side and forward and back. So that has been my journey for the past 10 weeks. So my sincerest of gratitude to Dr. R Blythe, his staff and Brookdale Nursing and God.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

I had an accident and Dr Blythe was the doctor I saw. He ran all kinds of tests and explained and showed me the results. He then explained about the surgery and what to expect. He has great bedside manner and is always concerned for his patients. The surgery went great and I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

Had C5-6 and 6-7 fusion four weeks ago, very pleased with the results so far. Dr Blythe and his staff are truly professional and proficient in their care of the patient.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

I'm 56 years old and for the last 3+ years I have dealt with on-going pain and LOTS of negative health issues, especially lower back pain. I saw every kind of health care professional I could see (MD, Neurologist, Chiropractor, Acupuncture, Physical Therapist, Message Therapist, Homeopathic, Trigger point injections, etc). I was reliant on narcotic pain meds, anti-inflammatory, and gabapentin for nerve endings. While thankful these procedures stopped what I called "screaming pain", my daily life still was lots of pain. I sought out testing such as X-Rays, CT scans, MRI, Myleogram with no clear findings as to cause of pain. A friend told me about the sitting MRI machine that was in Nashville that had advantages over the MRI machines for which patients laid down during testing. I did the Internet research then made the calls and found Dr. Blythe. Dr. Blythe first did x-rays then ordered the sitting MRI. After consult he was confident I was an excellent candidate for the minimally invasive surgery for three discs in my lower back. I had surgery on Nov 22, 2016 and the next day had no leg pain or lower back pain other than the stiffness from surgery and the 3 hour ride home from the hospital. Six weeks post op, for the first time in years I'm NOT reliant on narcotic pain meds. I hope and pray with continued healing I can enjoy an improved quality of life. The facts point to Dr. Blythe being excellent at diagnosing back problems and treatment plans that work. I wish I had found him sooner!!!! The staff to Dr. Blythe at Expert Spine Care are wonderful! Friendly and they take customer service very seriously!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

When I was informed by my doctor that I needed a surgeon immediately, I asked him for the best. My doctor referred me to Dr. Blythe who eased my fears of having back surgery, as he took the time to visit with me and to provide me with the info I needed. Dr. Blythe was able to get me into surgery the next day and I woke up pain free. I must remember to thank my doctor for referring me to Dr. Blythe, as he is the best.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

Highly trained, excellent care, minimally invasive surgery, easy recovery, attentive surgeon and staff.... Would highly recommend to anyone searching for a spine surgeon!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

I highly recommend Dr. Blythe I have had such an unusual case that I was afraid that I might have to live with the pain but thanks to him and his great staff I'm in gym walking over a mile a day and doing weights ,he's so kind and he has done everything to make sure my surgery is a success thank you Dr. Blythe !

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

I highly Recommend Dr. Blythe. If your considering spinal surgery. I can't say enough good things about this doctor and his staff. He is performing minimally invasive spinal surgery and I had complete relief from a terrible neck/back pain with shoulder pain. I trust him and highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016