Ratings for Dr. Joseph Blythe

I had an accident and Dr Blythe was the doctor I saw. He ran all kinds of tests and explained and showed me the results. He then explained about the surgery and what to expect. He has great bedside manner and is always concerned for his patients. The surgery went great and I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

Regarding : I was much better BEFORE my back surgery. Dr. Joseph Blythe, Expert Spine LLC, 1718 Charlotte Pike, Nashville Tennessee 37208 - ( 615 ) 329-0333 Joseph Blythe did my lower lumbar fusion May 31st. 2016. I haven't walked since then. I limp,use a cane My left leg stays swollen, numb, stings and burns. I have Peripheral Neuropathy. ( diagnosed by a neurologist ) I know this happens sometimes during back surgeries, BUT my After care was terrible !! My lower back still hurts. I still feel sciatica in my left buttock and tailbone. 1.Didnot order ultrasound to check for clots after surgery when He knew my leg was numb and swollen. 2. Ordered the wrong x rays on one of my post op check ups. He said the receptionist ordered the x rays. The Blonde receptionist at the time LIED and said a lot of times the Radiologist didn't know how to read the orders. I had to come back a second time. Very hard to do when You are on a walker and in terrible pain. No Apology from Blythe or the receptionist !! 3. He wouldn't refer me to a neurologist when I asked him to after 6 months had passed & my leg was still numb, swollen & I still couldn't walk. 4.Used a neurological monitoring service out of our insurances network. 5.Talked about other persons insurance benefits and mine, whether or not the insurance company paid well. What concern was that of mine if it was not regarding my insurance company ? 6. He told me he didn't care if I jumped out of a plane. ( He was not smiling ) This was RUDE !! 7. I recently posted a comment regarding this fiasco of a surgery on His Expert Spine Facebook page. GUESS WHAT ?? He removed it and fixed it so I could not post anything else. Sounds like he has something to hide. 8. Most of his reviews are glowing and exalt Him except for 4 others I have read. ( See Health Grades Website and Vitals Website Reviews ) BUT my surgery and my life matters also. 9. The 2 nurses and the brunette receptionist that worked there at the time were extremely NICE !! Shirley Wilson, Nashville ,Tennessee. Website.... Facebook. .

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

Had C5-6 and 6-7 fusion four weeks ago, very pleased with the results so far. Dr Blythe and his staff are truly professional and proficient in their care of the patient.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

I'm 56 years old and for the last 3+ years I have dealt with on-going pain and LOTS of negative health issues, especially lower back pain. I saw every kind of health care professional I could see (MD, Neurologist, Chiropractor, Acupuncture, Physical Therapist, Message Therapist, Homeopathic, Trigger point injections, etc). I was reliant on narcotic pain meds, anti-inflammatory, and gabapentin for nerve endings. While thankful these procedures stopped what I called "screaming pain", my daily life still was lots of pain. I sought out testing such as X-Rays, CT scans, MRI, Myleogram with no clear findings as to cause of pain. A friend told me about the sitting MRI machine that was in Nashville that had advantages over the MRI machines for which patients laid down during testing. I did the Internet research then made the calls and found Dr. Blythe. Dr. Blythe first did x-rays then ordered the sitting MRI. After consult he was confident I was an excellent candidate for the minimally invasive surgery for three discs in my lower back. I had surgery on Nov 22, 2016 and the next day had no leg pain or lower back pain other than the stiffness from surgery and the 3 hour ride home from the hospital. Six weeks post op, for the first time in years I'm NOT reliant on narcotic pain meds. I hope and pray with continued healing I can enjoy an improved quality of life. The facts point to Dr. Blythe being excellent at diagnosing back problems and treatment plans that work. I wish I had found him sooner!!!! The staff to Dr. Blythe at Expert Spine Care are wonderful! Friendly and they take customer service very seriously!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

When I was informed by my doctor that I needed a surgeon immediately, I asked him for the best. My doctor referred me to Dr. Blythe who eased my fears of having back surgery, as he took the time to visit with me and to provide me with the info I needed. Dr. Blythe was able to get me into surgery the next day and I woke up pain free. I must remember to thank my doctor for referring me to Dr. Blythe, as he is the best.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

Highly trained, excellent care, minimally invasive surgery, easy recovery, attentive surgeon and staff.... Would highly recommend to anyone searching for a spine surgeon!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

I highly recommend Dr. Blythe I have had such an unusual case that I was afraid that I might have to live with the pain but thanks to him and his great staff I'm in gym walking over a mile a day and doing weights ,he's so kind and he has done everything to make sure my surgery is a success thank you Dr. Blythe !

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

I highly Recommend Dr. Blythe. If your considering spinal surgery. I can't say enough good things about this doctor and his staff. He is performing minimally invasive spinal surgery and I had complete relief from a terrible neck/back pain with shoulder pain. I trust him and highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016