Ratings for Dr. Jonathan E. Sears

Had a surprise retinal detachment on my right eye before Christmas....Dr Sears did the scleral buckle procedure and I am healing well....he is an excellent doctor!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2015

Very self-righteous. Poor bedside manner. Condescending. Worst doctor I have ever seen. Treated me poorly and missed the diagnosis with my eyes, which required laser surgery.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

Dr.Sears operated on my eyes when doctors in WV had given up after 3 surgeries for double detached retinas.I had tremendous pain from silicone oil that leaked on top of my eye, under my eyelid , and the middle of my eye. The oil had been in my right eye for 8 months and formed cysts.Dr.Sears operated on 250 cells removing the silicone oil. It's been over 7 years since my surgery at Cleveland Clinic.I now enjoy life to the fullest with my family and love reading, quilting, swimming, and piano.I wish I had a millions dollars to further Dr. Sears research for ROP. Every year I see Dr. Sears I leave thanking God for his skills and his great kindness. I would not have lived without his help. I am eternally grateful. Maybe one day there will be support groups for ROP. I wonder sometimes how many other people had some of my same problems before coming to Cleveland Clinic; I was told my pain wasn't real and needed psychiatric help. I did not sue. I prayed so hard to live and get well.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2014

Everyone at the Cole Eye Clinic was helpful, friendly, and compassionate. Dr. Sears' staff was wonderful!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2011

Excellent doctor. By all means. Quick yet very thorough. Smart!!! Doesn't jump to conclusions. Superior surgeon. Great physician. 1. Corrected diagnose for my mother even though all other docs thought otherwise - and Sears was right. 2. My mother in law had a surgery for detached retina - almost no hope for good vision back. She looks and sees as before now. Miracle doctor - guaranteed!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2011

Dr. Jonathan E. Sears's Credentials

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Veterans Administration