Ratings for Dr. Ivelisse Cuevas

Been going to Dr. Cuevas for over 20 years. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2018

Dr. Ivelisse Cuevas, D.D.S. has consistently provided me with quality, prompt, and professional care. Despite my lingering childhood fear of the dentist (many cavities growing up!), she has made me feel comfortable during all of my procedures with her. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. Dr. Cuevas at Bethesda Family Dentistry has exceeded all my expectations.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

I've been seeing Dr Cuevas for many years. I'm not that comfortable with dental procedures, but she is always kind and patient. She has seen both my husband and I through many procedures, and j would highly recommend her. I especially like the new office in North Bethesda.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

I have unfortunately had a series of negative to very negative encounters with both Dr. Cuevas and the office as a whole. First, I found communication to be difficult, especially in setting up and confirming appointments. I have had multiple visits in which the reservation reply system didn't work. They also didn't check their voicemail when I would have to leave a message. Secondly, I have had dental hygienists tell me information that is factually inaccurate. They noted the low pH of a substance I had in my mouth they also called alkaline. It can't be both alkaline and low pH, but they insisted it was. I need to trust these workers- I'm not a dentist myself, after all- and the fact that she was so assertively wrong makes me wonder if she really knew what she was doing. My biggest concern, however, was Dr. Cuevas. I recently went in for a cleaning, and told them early on that I had a slightly loose retainer. I was shown to a chair, where I waited alone for 40 minutes after I had my appointment. Eventually a hygienist came and cleaned my mouth. But Dr. Cuevas didn't see me until 1 hour and 15 minutes after my appointment time. She was surprised I had a loose retainer, so my communication to the rest of her team clearly didn't go through. Dr. Cuevas said she was working with another patient, and didn't have time today to fix my retainer, a relatively quick and easy procedure. Though I had an appointment and had waited so long for her, she spent just 5 minutes with me. During this time Dr. Cuevas was aggressive, both in words and with her hands towards my mouth. I offered to wait- though she clearly found the other patient to be more important, I could wait longer. I just needed there to not be a bit of pointy metal stuck in my mouth. But she refused to help or give me her time, though I had waited for her. If she has no time to spend with patients, she shouldn't schedule their appointments. I was led out by her without my dental problem fixed, having waited for 1:15 to see her. Now I am supposed to spend time another day to come in, pay another copay, and wait for her again. This, combined with billing, scheduling, and hygienist problems, has been the last straw. My 5 visits there have been incredibly infuriating and disappointing. I will certainly be switching, and I do not recommend this office to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

Dr. Cuevas makes going to the dentist a pleasure, and I know most people don't feel that way about the dentist! I highly recommend her. The office staff are equally friendly and competent. I couldn't be more pleased with Bethesda Family Dentistry.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2012