Ratings for Dr. Jerome Barr

Dr. Barr is terrific, both in knowledge and your proverbial "bedside" manner. If you are looking for a really wonderful rheumatologist Dr. Barr is a must. Let me update the relationship I have with him. * originally I found him in a group practice, where there hadn't been a specialist for my arthritis, May I add that I am 68 now and have had arthritis since my mid 30's. I was always searching. NYC, NJ, back and forth. I went through the mill until by this long shot and a motorcycle burn brought me rushing to the other practice. they informed me that they had Dr. Barr, now for my grief ! I went to him for years at that practice. One day he wasn't there. Oh, dear! But I knew enough about him so I searched Google. * Dr. Barr opened his own practice, I was thrilled. And have been going ever since. * He is kind, soft in voice and he gets me. Go find out for yourself should you be looking for a physician in his field of expertise. His staff is an added plus, efficient, smiling , polite young career women, making the office always cheerful. If thy put up with me and that says tons.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I took my mother to Dr. Barr’s office. His staff is very friendly and amicable. Dr. Barr is knowledgeable and easy to talk to. He was very thorough with explanation of my mother’s condition, will definitely recommend.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Dr Jerome Barr is a lousy doctor. He is unprofessional, lacks knowledge for his field yet is very arrogant. He treats you on a whim and leaves your health in jeopardy. He constantly says" I don't know" and suggests one specialist to the next. Yet, they are situations connected to autoimmune so not sure why it is so perplexing to him. He also can be critical of some of the issues you have. He definitely needs a refresher course and a better bed side manner. He will milk your insurance company for as much as he can. I'd flag him a possible insurance fraud doctor. I'm really not sure how he got out of medical school but guess someone has to graduate last in the class. Please choose another rheumatologist or you mine as well not see anybody. Don't play with your health.

Submitted January 9, 2017

I am a fairly new patient and I like Dr. Barr. My big issue is with the front desk. My calls always go to voice mail and return calls are not made. This is maddening and could cause me to look elsewhere. I hope this situation will be corrected.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

Dr. Barr is a kind and compassionate doctor. He is very good at making you feel comfortable with him, which makes it easier to communicate with him. Auto - immune diseases are difficult to treat and even harder to accept. I am thankful that I found such a caring doctor to help me deal with my RA.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2014

Stay Away! Horrible front desk. Very difficult getting appt.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2013

If you have Fibrmyalgia don't bother calling this doctor. He came highly recommended but when I called for an appointment I was told he wasn't taking any Fibro patients. He's a rheumatologist and they are supposed to be the specialist to go to for treatment of Fibro. Very dissappointed.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2013

I really like Dr. Barr. He can be slightly condescending and when he diagnosed me with fibromyalgia he said it kind of matter of fact and not too sensitively. He is obviously very knowledgeable always takes the time to listen to all my symptoms and how I am feeling. Gives me all the time I need, and I really feel like I get good care there. They are also really super high tech, which is nice because both he and and his secretary just make everything much smoother. I would def suggest him to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2012

Most people travel into the city to find a great doctor, but I travel from the city to Fair Lawn to see my Dr. Barr. He is great and I love his new office.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2012

My Angel. I really suffered with gout until I met Dr. Barr. He saved my life. I can not thank him enough.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2012

Dr. Jerome Barr's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 2003)