Ratings for Dr. Zea N. Malawa

I would highly recommend Dr. Malawa. My daughter was her patient from about 2 months old to 2 years and she loved Dr. Malawa. She has excellent bedside manner, positive energy, she had great rapport with my daughter, being very kind & considerate in the way she spoke and explained things to her. She also seemed very astute in diagnosing problems and competent in recommending treatments. We were not happy with our first pediatrician who failed to notice and later misdiagnosed a condition my daughter had called a muscular tortecollis. When we switched to Dr. M she right away noticed the problem without us saying a thing and gave the right diagnosis. We were so sad when we found out she had moved away. Some of the problems that others mentioned (running out of vaccines, problems with scheduling) have more to do with the CCHC clinic and shouldn't be blamed on Dr. M. We only went there b/c she was such a great pediatrician & will find a new clinic now that she's gone.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2012

My insurance company had automatically picked her for my son when I moved to the area.I had an appt with the Dr. for my son at 9:30am she saw us at 1pm! I was livid, she said the front desk messed up the patients orders an put 4 patients in before me! I only stayd because it was my sons 2 year check up and he needed his vaccines.Then they didn't have the shots my 2 year old needed and the nurse basically had to sneak me the last one! How shady is that? I took him back again a couple of months later because she had prescribed an antibiotic which my son was allergic to. She wasn't sure if she was diagnosing his condition correctly and had to re-check to make sure she was! How is she a dr? I've already changed my son's dr. I would highly NOT recommend her. The office is ridiculously messy, dirty, loud and the girls at the front desk seemed to be forced to work and are very grumpy and unsociable.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2010

I have taken my son to her 3 times now. She is so nice and personable. She takes time to answer all my questions, and I never feel rushed. Unfortunately the office seems a little dirty and the wait is usually long. But, I will keep coming back for her. She is wonderful.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2010