Ratings for Dr. Viral J. Shah

Great doctor, but office staff is terrible and wait time is completely unacceptable. Over 1-2 hours every time.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

Dr shah is the most honest, straight talking, compassionate and knowledgable endos I have been to. He will treat you as a person with symptoms, not just a lab number. Nurses are all exceptionally nice, some office staff can use better manners.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

Submitted July 3, 2014

I've seen a few endo's in the area and Dr. Shah is by far the most knowledgeable, patient and intelligent I can tell he keeps himself up on the latest information/studies available because anytime I ask a question about something I've read online (recent news, studies, etc.) he knows exactly what I'm talking about and will take the time to explain it further and provide his opinion/feedback. I was blown away when he personally called me back (after hours!) to discuss the results. I also like the office staff, they appear organized and have been good at getting me in for an appt. in a timely manner, once there - the wait time is reasonable. You are in good hands with Dr. Shah.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2013

After 3 years following another endo I decided it was time for a switch as I wasn't getting the proper treatment from prior dr. M first appointment with Dr. Shah was amazing. I left feeling comfortable and calm. He is very down to earth and "real". He takes his time to explain things and will use real life examples to help you understand. So far I am very impressed.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2013

Dr Viral J. Shah is a very polite and very understanding Dr. he explaines everything very slowly and in detail. He also makes sure that the patient understands what he is explaining. I would highly recommend Dr. Viral Shah

flag | Submitted August 27, 2012

Just went to this man for the first time. He is with Dr. Tohme in Ridgewood now. The office staff is overwhelmed and can be snippy and the wait for me was 1 1/2 hours, for Tohme is was 4 hours. The office is PACKED with pissed off patients. Dr.Shah is young, professional and seems knowledgeable. We were not rushed and he explained all very slowly and clearly. The only issue was the strong accent (Indian), which is hard to deal with. I feel comfortable with him for now. We will return in four weeks and take it from there.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2012