Ratings for Dr. Paul B. Cohen

This is my son's pediatrician but we would like to switch. He is pleasant, but has not been very knowledgeable for us. His nurse did not know what a gliadin antibody was, and neither did he. This is a marker for gluten sensitivity that is highly elevated for my son. NOTHING about gluten allergy/sensitivity, which my son has had since age 2 (he is now 13). He told my son he can't eat rice if gluten is an issue, which is absurd! My son has multiple food allergies (nuts, dairy) and Dr Cohen knew nothing about this stuff. We have had to direct Dr Cohen every step of the way. He does not seem to know much beyond the most generic information.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2010

Dr. Cohen appeared to be very knowledgeable. He saw our baby in the hospital after delivery even though he is not our actual pediatrician. He was very helpful and gave us his time without making us feel rushed. We may even switch doctors after seeing him.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2009

Paul Cohen is a great pediatrician. Looks at each situation individually, doesn't just hand out a prescription for every problem. He's willing to discuss in detail with parents, which I really appreciate. He doesn't rush you, even though he is always extremely busy.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2009

We LOVE Dr. Cohen. He helped deliver our daughter and 8 years later she still loves him too. She begs to go see him even when she's well.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2006

Great info about how to incorporate kids in an active outdoor lifestyle, e.g. biking, hiking, skiing, etc.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2006

Dr. Paul B. Cohen's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1971)