Ratings for Dr. Todd A. Lockwitz

He was very helpful at any time wit all my big and small problems. I cannot find him, please help!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Lockwitz for six years, since emergency admission to SJMO for cardiac problems. The time he takes with patients is the tradeoff for longer waiting room time, and I take this into consideration. He is an excellent diagnostician, extremely personable, and really takes his time to explain options & treatment, hence longer waits. All things considered, he is one of the finest internists I have been to, and I wouldn't change doctors for anything.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2012

I saw this doctor for 8 yrs. and he was very helpful but I had longer and longer wait times. 1.5 -2 hrs. the last 2 times I saw him and the last times I was the 2nd patient of the day. No excuse for this behavior. I am switching doctors.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Lockwitz for 5 years and I wouldn't dream of going elsewhere. He's nice, complete and attentive. Yes, he does run late (sometimes very late) BUT - I feel it's a trade off. I would rather have a dr that makes me feel like I'm his only patient that day (spending whatever time he needs to spend with me). With that in mind - I understand that he'll do that for others and as a result possibly run late to my appointment - just as I'm sure I've caused him to be late for others. So I understand and I'd rather run late, than have a dr that flies in and out of the exam room.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Lockwitz for about ten years. My needs have ranged from emergency issues to sinusitis to gynecological care. He has always done an outstanding job in taking the time to understand my issues and offer treatment that has worked. His office has been generous in getting me in when I am truly ill and filling prescriptions. Sometimes you have to call back to make sure the script gets filled, but I am willing to put up with that in exchange for truly top-notch care. I have recommended Dr. Lockwitz to many friends and coworkers. My husband sees him now for his annual checkups as well.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2010

Dr. Lockwitz does a great job of listening & explaining procedures & options but his punctuality & stories get frustrating. He always has 19 stories about himself or other patients to tell you, which greatly contributes to his lack of punctuality. Very personable guy who ia great dr, but look to spend at least 1 & 1/2 hrs in office minimum.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2010

I am unsure why other patients do not find Dr. Lockwitz as helpful as I do. For me, he has explained why he wanted me to do an action and likely impacts of the drug. He has never tried to "push" me out the door and if you have questions (in my case, written), he will try to answer them and considers you a better patient for that effort. I personally have enjoyed being a patient of Dr. Lockwitz and trust Dr. Lockwitz for the 20+ years I've been his patient. I am in an HMO and do have the capability of moving if I thought he was a poor fit for me as a Dr. If you want a Dr who is on time, don't go to him. In about 15+ visits, I'm lucky if he was on time twice. Fairly recently, I was once the second to last patient that day and it was about 6:00PM when I got out. Finally, the Drs' he has referred to me were top notch and I'd trust him with my life.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2009

Dr. Lockwitz has not responded to multiple messages left for him letting him know that I would like to know my test results. It has been over 6 months and I still have not heard from him.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2009

Dr. Lockwitz has not responsed to numerous phone calls and letters regarding incorrect billings and incorrect prescriptions (I reported trouble breathing as a side-effect, as I almost drown). I have been trying to have the doctor respond to my inquiries starting in Sept. '08 thru January '09. His staff says that he ignores patient requests to return phone calls and respond to written inquiries. Not only has the doctor damaged my health, but has also caused me to have a blemish on my credit.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2009

Dr.Lockwitz has been rated very unfair. He is a wonderful doctor. The staff is the problem. They overbook and when they get behind, sometimes they are not so nice. He takes his time with his patients and is very caring. Most of the doctors run behind and probably for the same reason.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2008

Dr. Todd A. Lockwitz's Credentials

• American Univ Of The Caribbean, Sch Of Med, Plymouth, Montserrat (Grad. 1988)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Pontiac, MI